Image Map Image Map

Thread: I have killed my Commodore PC30-III PSU - any ideas ?

Default I have killed my Commodore PC30-III PSU - any ideas ?

Folks,

I popped a 'stuck' SCSI drive in the machine and it has taken the PSU out attempting to power it up.

Does anyone have a schematic for the PSU - Liton PA-3111-1B ?

A visual inspection doesn't reveal any obvious problems - incoming mains fuse is fine, there are no other fuses in the DC output stage.

Commodore must have used a few different types of PSU as the one shown at the link below is different to mine.

Its a fairly non standard shape and mainboard connector so options for a straight swap are limited I think.

https://oldcrap.org/2018/10/17/commodore-pc30-iii/

I once had a problem with PSU of an old PC10. I replaced the inner board with one from a Taiwanese AT-type PSU which board just happened to fit inside the case of the PC10's PSU. Because the holes didn't match, with one exception I glued risers to the board and then I glued the risers to the case.
    Two of the holes served as ground towards the case. The exception was such a hole. So I soldered a wire from the other hole to the one that was grounded by a screw.

I hope this helps.
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Yes, thats quite a good idea to reuse the PSU case if I can find a suitable board - its a relatively modest 110W supply.

I'll see what I can find that fits.