Image Map Image Map

Thread: IBM 5175 goes for $$$ on Ebay

Blog Entries

Default IBM 5175 goes for $$$ on Ebay

Wow.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143020120518

I mean, I know they're not common, but IBM *did* produce these in some quantity didn't they?

I had set bid but was far from the winning price. That's a lot higher than I expected.

I'm pretty sure the PGS/PGD graphics combo was marketed towards CAD engineers, etc. The on-board x86 was used to accelerate vector graphics. I've only seen 2 in the wild.

I have two cards but no display.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    I had set bid but was far from the winning price. That's a lot higher than I expected.

I'm pretty sure the PGS/PGD graphics combo was marketed towards CAD engineers, etc. The on-board x86 was used to accelerate vector graphics. I've only seen 2 in the wild.

I have two cards but no display.
    I bid a couple hundred bucks but I kinda knew it was going to go for more than that. I was thinking $500ish. I'd love to have one but I'm not ready to drop $1000+ on one. Have other things that are more germane to my collection to go for first.

I would have thought there'd be at least 20,000+ of these produced. Didn't think they'd be ultra mega stupid rare. Hopefully whoever bought it has better luck with shipping than I did with my Tandy CM2.

Shoot I offered my dead 5175 for 200$. I ain't selling it now. As long as the tube isn't blown.

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    Shoot I offered my dead 5175 for 200$. I ain't selling it now. As long as the tube isn't blown.
    Too bad I missed that! I probably would have bought it to go with my PCG.