Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio Shack / TRS-80 Branded Clothing

Blog Entries

For the last couple years of the ones we had in my area (there were five within a 10 mile radius, I think), they had all converted half the store into cell phones, but at least the other half was still conventional Radio Shack. This one that's in business now is *only* cell phones.

I will be receiving more Tandy gear, probably in the spring(warmer weather) along with said gear are 8 new(never powered on) Model 2000. Some with HDD and some without On top of that I could almost open up a RS store myself with what I have now. I will be letting this group know when this gear arrives, I just don't know when, because the person I am getting it from has to clear out and move soon. As I stated in previous post's I inherited a good size Horde of Tandy equipment.

Blog Entries

I'd go for a Radio Shack branded shirt if they were not so goddamn generic. They reek of cheap silkscreening and previews straight from redbubble where you can overlay any graphic on a stock image of a shirt or person wearing said shirt.
    Also that's USD. Who is paying $20something USD for a cheap shirt?
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    I'd go for a Radio Shack branded shirt if they were not so goddamn generic. They reek of cheap silkscreening and previews straight from redbubble where you can overlay any graphic on a stock image of a shirt or person wearing said shirt.
    Also that's USD. Who is paying $20something USD for a cheap shirt?
    Well if it had say "Armani express" Silk screened on said cheapo T-Shirt, I know a bunch of yuppies who would pay upwards of $80.00 .... for a T Shirt. Crazy Eddies used to give T-shirts away for Free!! In fact, everyone used to. T-shirts were like Pennies...

An interesting thought is that do they even have the rights to sell these? RS sold their computer business to AST back in the 1990s which I’m pretty sure included all intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    An interesting thought is that do they even have the rights to sell these? RS sold their computer business to AST back in the 1990s which Iím pretty sure included all intellectual property.
    I think AST only bought the intellectual property that was still relevant at the time.

When RadioShack (f/k/a Tandy) went bankrupt in 2015, they listed lots of old copyrights like Raaka-Tu as among their assets. See the Schedule of Assets and Liabilities.

U.S. copyrights notoriously last essentially forever (theoretically limited to 95 years, but for many decades congress has been extending the limit anytime any copyrights are about to expire) and require no maintenance, but trademarks are use-it-or-lose-it. All the TRS-80 trademarks were long ago abandoned. The bankruptcy filing had this note about Science Fair (which I believe was only mentioned at all because it had been used more recently than TRS-80):

Trademark: SCIENCE FAIR; Appl. No.: 72274089; Filing Date: 16/06/67; Reg. No.: 905792; Reg. Date: 12/01/71; Jurisdiction: United States of America; This registration will be canceled in due course by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) as supporting affidavits for the maintenance of the registrations have not been filed by TRS Quality, Inc., Tandy Corporation or RadioShack Corporation, as applicable, to maintain the registrations. Those marks are no longer in use and should be considered dead.
    -Alan

Blog Entries

The Science Fair brand name was used into the 90s.

just bought a white and black trs-80 shirt....sans computer picture - BTW thanks for sharing the link (-:

steve