Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hello from Fort Wayne!

Default Hello from Fort Wayne!

Hello hello! I'm Ryan and I'm fairly new to the world of vintage computer collecting (if you can count three-ish years as new). I would say I first got into it after getting my hands on a few Pentium and Pentium II systems from my high schools IT department, and it has since turned into a full-blown hobby for me!

Recently over the past year I've become interested in and moved up to collecting late 80s and early 90s business grade machines after aquiring a PS/2 model 80 with a 486 "Blue Lightning" processor upgrade board, followed by other systems such as an IBM 5160 and 5170, and various diferrent PS/2 machines such as a model 30 and model 95 (a type 9595 with a 90Mhz Pentium complex!).

More recently, I managed to get my hands on an RS/6000 system (7013 type 590), which is partially why I've finally decided to make an account on here, as I have no idea what to expect from the world of Unix workstations and might need some help and tips along the way. Anyways, until it arrives I plan on making few posts about some of my current machines.

Anyways that's probably about it for this introduction. Thanks for sitting through it and I'm excited to be here!

Welcome! Sounds like a nice set of systems! Enjoy!