Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Old hardware has a shelf life

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Coming from a guy bragging about selling a $93 LCD screen for $489? "and I could size him up I knew he could afford it. It was a simple case of I can do it and you cant so Im taking you to the cleaners. " Karma is a bitch.
    I could not agree more! Wants to buy for bottom dollar and turn around and stick it to people when it's time to sell. You can't tell people they are a "scum eating bottom feeder" for doing the very same thing that you do.

Yes I can. I do it to people who can afford it. When I see cute people who cannot afford it I give them a discount. The eBay sellers are raising the price for EVERYBODY. Big Difference

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBMAT5170 View Post
    Yes I can. I do it to people who can afford it. When I see cute people who cannot afford it I give them a discount. The eBay sellers are raising the price for EVERYBODY. Big Difference
    Exactly why do you think it is OK to exploit people based on whatever criteria you think up at the time? Would you like it if you found out your boss paid you 50% less then he would have paid somebody else because he figured you were mentally deficient enough to get away with it?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Its not random criteria. I specifically discriminate against rich / wealthy people.

Blog Entries

Its not random criteria. I specifically discriminate against rich / wealthy people.
    So if I drive a sports car I cannot afford, wear nice clothes a friend gave me, and have a fake Rolex you will over charge me. If I am worth $100M and drive a cheap old car and wear thrift store clothes I get a discount?

And tell me when you over charge the rich people is that money going into the register or into your pocket?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

6. Default

Ok I'm going to settle this discussion by alluding to a fictional character, none other then Sherlock Holmes. In one story (or should I say one episode, I haven't read the actual books), he states that his professional fee doesn't waver unless he chooses to omit it altogether. If you want to do an underprivileged person a favor by giving them a discount, that's yours and nobody else's business. Chances are the op only do that for someone he wants or would like to get something back from. O man but I'm using his own words. But flippantly charging all sorts of different rates based on perceived wealth of the purchaser just makes you a thief. I can't even believe someone admits to this and has no shame about it. This truly is an exhibition of sociopathy. You can go on and on about how terrible your childhood was, and it may have been unpleasant, but that doesnt give you the right to go on hating everyone who's better off then you financially. And you really need to stop creating diversions on the forum. In fact nobody real cares about how hard you've taken it, and how unnecessarily pissed off you are well into your adult years. It makes you look very petty.

Kind of a slippery slope don't you think? I try to treat all people equally.

You have no right to complain about the price of vintage gear (or price of anything) if you have no doubts that arbitrary price gouging is acceptable, and you practice it. The fact that you can keep rationaling it is mind boggling to me.

8. Default

What's mind boggling is you can't see the difference between selling something, at a price irrespective of who's buying it, and changing the price at the register. Do I get to change the price on an item if I'm broke that particular day.

Lol I mistook who the author of the preceding post was. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    And you really need to stop creating diversions on the forum.
    +1! I would also like to see it stop. Thankfully, we have mods that will step in and take care if the madness continues.

As others have said, charging based on how a person looks is wrong, and IMO you really should be ashamed of that, not telling people how awesome you are for doing it. You are NOT making yourself look good by doing so.