Image Map Image Map

Thread: PC/GEOS Source code & Apps now available on Git!

Default PC/GEOS Source code & Apps now available on Git!

The entirety of the PC/GEOS operating system, its SDK and apparently, ALL of its software, have been posted up on Git for community availability and further development !

It appears to be at least PC/GEOS 2.0 and possibly newer. Many files are dated 1991 and many have additional revision dates of 97/04/04 NewDeal which is at least version 2.5 I believe.

You can find the Git repo here:
    https://github.com/bluewaysw/pcgeos

J

Blog Entries

Awesome!! And of course it is all assembler

Hope it is complete and buildable -- I have a few bugs I want to fix (for example, PC GEOS locks up if an NEC V30 is installed) and possibly add support for more video modes. I'm also curious to see what the memory management strategy looks like.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I just looked at the repo and its looks complete. I never thought we would hear from Blueway again after they bought Breadbox. This is a good thing - I bought Breadbox Ensemble and its nice, but adding new features/applications that can be used by higher end systems (mp3 player for example) was nigh impossible without more source code. Another project for 2019... .

Fancy that. I wonder if this'll be a boot floppy or to install onto the hard drive?
    Current retro systems:
    2x Commodore 64 Breadbin 250407 Rev. B and C
    Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus, aka, the Ultimate Sound Card machine
    iMac G3/600 Graphite, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger, Lubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    iMac G4/800 Lampshade, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
    YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroPCUser

Blog Entries

The source code (all 61 MB of it) can be turned into something that can installed on a hard drive. In theory, one can create a demonstrator on a bootable floppy but there won't be much room after the base GUI.

Hopefully, Blueway will rerelease the SDK documentation that got a stealthy release by Breadbox.

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    The source code (all 61 MB of it) can be turned into something that can installed on a hard drive. In theory, one can create a demonstrator on a bootable floppy but there won't be much room after the base GUI.

Hopefully, Blueway will rerelease the SDK documentation that got a stealthy release by Breadbox.
    THis is pretty amazing. I wish I knew assembly!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keenerb View Post
    THis is pretty amazing. I wish I knew assembly!
    Pretty good impetus to learn.