Image Map Image Map

Thread: Informer I-301?

Blog Entries

Default Informer I-301?

Vaguely recall something like this in the past. Think these were production. But it's missing the electronics unfortunately. No idea what it'll go for.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352535695171

Blog Entries

Oops.

I got into a bidding war with the dreaded b*****a. He really wanted this thing bad and we kept bidding back and forth for about 30 minutes until he finally gave up. Anyway, looks like I 'won'. Lol. $560 and it doesn't even have the electronics that make it do what it it's supposed to do.

That is where the market sits though I guess. b*****a was all over it. I thought he was going to snipe me so I upped the bid at the end to $700.. only I accidentally entered $7000. Whoops!

It's a pretty unique piece. Hopefully the seller will find the missing electronics.

Haven't found too much about it. Far as I can tell, the I-301 was intended for business use, hence the wood box to make it blend in on a desk. The missing box has several cards, and one port for the monitor/keyboard to plug into, and one serial port and that's it. I've seen pictures of at least four different ones, all same wood box design. One of them was labelled an MAI Basic Four terminal, although it was obviously Informer underneath.

Might be possible to raspberry Pi something with this. I do think it's pretty cool and unusual. And sending b*****a home empty handed was a nice touch.
    Last edited by falter; December 12th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.

Amazing! On behalf of all of us who lost to b***a, I salute you, sir. Your win brings a tear to my eye.

I've got a picture of that thing, but it's branded "Basic / Four".

Edit: Ah, I see you linked to the same image. (so my post was... basically useless)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Yeah I don't know if I won or if he gamed me.

I don't even know if I could repurpose it... the missing box with the terminal boards also has the power supply for the monitor.r