Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISA Multi-IO Board - Preferred Connectors

Not sure I saw it mentioned, but I'm guessing some people would prefer to have a Joystick port, as most XT games can use them, and not as many people have a soundcard in their XT. I myself would find 9-pin serial and LPT ports useful but a lot of systems with limited ISA slots tend to have at least one of those built in, however I dont think I've EVER seen an XT clone with a built-in game port. Although it may be a bold assumption to think that people that would be interested in such a card would also be interested in gaming....I myself use my XTs for gaming maybe only 10% of the time...

Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by sergey View Post
    CR2032 batteries are not particularly evil - they don't leak and easily removable and replaceable... And then there is an option to use super caps. Although I think they will not keep RTC running for a very long time
    Used a supercap in my first universal card - kept RTC for a few days (maybe just for one - don’t remember exactly), so moved to 2032.

P.S. Some offtopic - do you mind making a version (gerber files) of your 16-bit ISA backplane with 24 pins ATX power connector instead of the existing 20 pins one ?
    Last edited by newold86; December 6th, 2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacalite View Post
    It's 2018, everything is connected to the net, and it's so easy to set the clock via net.
    If it is so easy, please provide/create the needed software for these old 8-bitters.
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    If it is so easy, please provide/create the needed software for these old 8-bitters.
    Some have already done SNTP applications for 8-bit systems. For example, see https://macgui.com/kb/article/764

For a PC card like this section indicates, there is http://www.brutman.com/mTCP/mTCP_Sntp.html

Quote Originally Posted by sergey View Post
    Alright, I'll see if I can add an RTC there.
    A RTC would be good, Maybe have a battery header instead of a CR2032 on board so one can use a couple of AA type batteries off board if space is an issue.