Image Map Image Map

Thread: PCjr and Doubled Keystrokes

Default PCjr and Doubled Keystrokes

I have a PCjr with eeguru's excellent JR-IDE sidecar, which I built from his kit. It's a fantastic kit, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

I'm seeing an odd behavior with several versions of DOS (IBM 5.02 and MS 6.22, so far), where the keyboard acts very strangely, after launching EDIT. In EDIT, all keystrokes are doubled. Once EDIT is exited, all keystrokes are remapped, so most keys do nothing, and others return only tilde (~) keys.

I'm using a 4 GB CF card, which boots seemingly normally, though I'm not sure if it's normal to have to pick from the JR-IDE boot menu twice. I'm wondering if this is a side effect of the standard PC-JR DOS bootsector patches?

This is my CONFIG.SYS:
    Code:
    STACKS=0,0
    DEVICE=C:\UTILS\JRCONFIG.SYS -v64
    Many thanks for any and all advice.

- Alex

To update my own post, I have run through the PCjr diags, and the keyboard is working 100%, and the memory all checks out.

As a side note, I can't figure out where the post edit button went, so I wouldn't have to self-reply. Oh, well.

- Alex

Edits are allowed up to 15 minutes after a post is made. After that, replying to the thread is the correct thing to do.

There is a device driver required to fix the double-keystroke thing. It's a bug that seems to be DOS 5 and PCjr specific. (I have to dig the device driver out and get it posted.)