Image Map Image Map

Thread: Southeastern PA / Central NJ / South Jersey Commodore Group?

Default Southeastern PA / Central NJ / South Jersey Commodore Group?

Is there such a thing? I have attended VCF East a few times now (in fact last year was the first year I'd missed out of the last 4, which is when I'd first heard about it). I actually contributed to the Commodore mega exhibit from 2017 (I have a 1551 drive).

From that experience and from listening to "Chicken Lips Radio" I gather that there are a few Commodore enthusiasts still in the area (makes sense, given the West Chester home of Commodore), some of whom post on this here forum. I also post over on lemon64. So, is there such a group that meets at all in this area? Should there be one? I'd be more aggressive about setting one up but (a) my house is small, (b) I have a demanding job with a lot of time spent at work, and increasingly on the road, and (c) I have a small child. Also, for all of my interest in Commodore, I can't claim to be technically adept at all. Basically I'd be a terrible addition to any group

But is there a group?
    Commodore 128 / 1571 / 1581 / 1351 / MPS 1200 / 1084 Monitor / 64NIC+
    Commodore 64 / 1541-II (x 2)
    Commodore Plus/4 / 1551
    TI-99/4A
    Tandy CoCo 2 / Color Computer Mini-Disk 26-3029 (non-working) / Tandy Modem
    Coleco ADAM / Expansion Module 1

Quote Originally Posted by mozartpc27 View Post
    Is there such a thing? I have attended VCF East a few times now (in fact last year was the first year I'd missed out of the last 4, which is when I'd first heard about it). I actually contributed to the Commodore mega exhibit from 2017 (I have a 1551 drive).

From that experience and from listening to "Chicken Lips Radio" I gather that there are a few Commodore enthusiasts still in the area (makes sense, given the West Chester home of Commodore), some of whom post on this here forum. I also post over on lemon64. So, is there such a group that meets at all in this area? Should there be one? I'd be more aggressive about setting one up but (a) my house is small, (b) I have a demanding job with a lot of time spent at work, and increasingly on the road, and (c) I have a small child. Also, for all of my interest in Commodore, I can't claim to be technically adept at all. Basically I'd be a terrible addition to any group

But is there a group?
    I am very close to Bordentown and Burlington NJ and have often wondered the same thing. However I am in the same boat as you, lol.

(a) my house is small, (b) I have a demanding job with a lot of time spent at work, and increasingly on the road, and (c) I have a small child.

There are a lot of Commodore enthusiasts in the area (I'm in Medford, originally from Chesterfield). I'm really into KIM-1s, not so much the later Commodore machines. If a group gets started, post it here and I'll try to come out.

Bob

I live in Landenberg, PA (between Newark, DE and West Chester PA.) I have in the past been known for my Commodore activities
    @ BillDeg:
    Web: vintagecomputer.net
    Twitter: @billdeg
    Youtube: @billdeg
    Unauthorized Bio