Image Map Image Map
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: PET 8032 Resurrection Help!

Hi Steve,

I guess I could burn one with a switch and have one for the 40-column mode and one for 80-column. I was using it for the SS40, and that requires the ESC codes according to the docs. Unless you have a shortcut like a specific SYS command to switch it?

Quote Originally Posted by rittwage View Post
    Hi Steve,

I guess I could burn one with a switch and have one for the 40-column mode and one for 80-column. I was using it for the SS40, and that requires the ESC codes according to the docs. Unless you have a shortcut like a specific SYS command to switch it?
    No, I don't have a SYS. I have thought about un-coupling the SS40 from the ESC codes but then I'd need to hard-code some entry-point for a SYS or take over some unused PETSCII code like CHR$(2). I just generally like the ESC codes so it hasn't been an issue before, but I kinda knew I may have compatibility problems by using some zero-page locations for my own.

Do you use TAPE? I think I've identified 6 or so locations used for the tape routines that I can re-assign in zero-page. If you're willing to test contact me off-list and I can build some custom binaries for you to try with the programs you mentioned to see if that fixes things.

Steve
    WANTED: CBM-II hardware or software, PET software

Sure, happy to test. I'll PM you.