Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Vermont - Excited to be told of this Forum

My S7 Edge has 32GB internal storage and 64GB MicroSDXC.
    Current retro systems:
    2x Commodore 64 Breadbin 250407 Rev. B and C
    Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus, aka, the Ultimate Sound Card machine
    iMac G3/600 Graphite, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger, Lubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    iMac G4/800 Lampshade, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
    YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroPCUser

I miss my S7. Loved the infrared sender in the thing. Loved going to bars/restraints and changing the channel to what I wanted to watch. (i was never a dick about it)

Next year I'm looking to get the note 10 if it has 5G. They've been busy building 5g 'towers' in my neighborhood.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybob View Post
    Laptops are glorified folding tablets now.
    ...complete with godawful chiclet keyboards and trackpads that manage to get more incomprehensible and less useful with every subsequent "innovation...!"
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

you can all keep your phones, ill be rocking this xeon windows 7 PC for a very long time. Data input through a touch screen only is like voluntarily living like a neanderthal.

Well, carrying around a model M isn't exactly an ideal solution either.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    you can all keep your phones, ill be rocking this xeon windows 7 PC for a very long time. Data input through a touch screen only is like voluntarily living like a neanderthal.
    I can control every modem computer in my possession with this "phone." I could use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but I can use the touchscreen and "swypey" Gboard just as well. Incidentally, this Swype method of "typing" is pretty much exactly what I had envisioned thirty years ago. I didn't think it would be on such a small keyboard though.

I've never had a Zeon and prolly never will. All those things do is encourage bloatware (spell corrected to Blyatware... I like that!)

I suppose I might need a newer Windows at some point. But I sure hope not. XP is painful enough.

The best thing about the present is that we can use all the things from the past, too. I still do all my financial work on an Amiga 2000. It hasn't stopped doing anything it did when I bought it second hand twenty years ago. In fact, unlike Windows PCs, it does more and better than it did when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybob View Post
    Well, carrying around a model M isn't exactly an ideal solution either.
    Man, if I could get a modern laptop with a model M and a trackball, I wouldn't care if it was six inches thick and weighed twenty pounds.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
    Man, if I could get a modern laptop with a model M and a trackball, I wouldn't care if it was six inches thick and weighed twenty pounds.
    That's the problem with the progress of consumer electronics. Designers focus on smaller and smaller and cheaper instead of better.