Image Map Image Map
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attachments attachments attachments!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    Here is a sample link: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/forumdisp...PCs-and-Clones . Scroll to the bottom and look for "Forum information and options."
    Or look here: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showgroups.php

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    As for who are the mods - every forum area gives you the list of moderators. Here is a sample link: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/forumdisp...PCs-and-Clones . Scroll to the bottom and look for "Forum information and options."
    Thanks folks, good to know.
    [Sorry, this signature is not available in your country/region]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    You should probably look into getting a night job so you can apply yourself better to forum issues. Some people make every excuse in the world.
    You know what, I'll get right on this. But before I do, can you commit to paying for your membership here? I suspect something like $1k per month would be enough to cover my change in income by making this change. Also, can you step in and help out with my SO and kids? I mean, as I will be working nights I probably won't see them very often and they'll need someone to step up and take the up the slack.

Seriously though, this statement from you is rather ass-holeish. We completely understand the frustration, and the mods work through what they can when they can. We're not perfect but we do try and comments like this make me want to just quit and move onto something else...

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

So, where do we find those disk labels anyway? That's all in this thread that i'm interested in.

I actually had thrown together some apple and trs-80 generic disk labels myself (using standard avery letter labels), but would be interested to see what others had done.
    -- Brian

Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, Commodore SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    You know what, I'll get right on this. But before I do, can you commit to paying for your membership here? I suspect something like $1k per month would be enough to cover my change in income by making this change. Also, can you step in and help out with my SO and kids? I mean, as I will be working nights I probably won't see them very often and they'll need someone to step up and take the up the slack.

Seriously though, this statement from you is rather ass-holeish. We completely understand the frustration, and the mods work through what they can when they can. We're not perfect but we do try and comments like this make me want to just quit and move onto something else...
    I felt the same way and I banned him within about 2 minutes of reading that post. A few hours later I unbanned him because it might have been a really bad attempt at sarcasm. Even though he has been told in the past that we don't read minds, so expecting us to infer his meaning is not reasonable.

The short story is that we're volunteers; things run well enough as is. Throwing rocks, whether it is sarcasm or not doesn't give us any incentive to do anything more. And honestly, throwing rocks because you don't get an immediate response to a non-problem is also kind of an asshole move.

Please anonymous people enjoying a web forum for free - don't piss off the volunteers who run it. We really could be doing many other things.

In a previous thread I offered to make a monthly contribution in exchange for having slightly less grumpy moderators here, and my offer was sternly rejected.

But it's getting a bit old when every concern or request is curtly answered with "we're unpaid volunteers". I think we have enough people here who would be willing to chip in to change that. Maybe not enough to pay for making this place a full-time job, but at least enough to give the mods and admins some incentive to do a little more than just the bare minimum to keep the site functional.

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    In a previous thread I offered to make a monthly contribution in exchange for having slightly less grumpy moderators here, and my offer was sternly rejected.

But it's getting a bit old when every concern or request is curtly answered with "we're unpaid volunteers". I think we have enough people here who would be willing to chip in to change that. Maybe not enough to pay for making this place a full-time job, but at least enough to give the mods and admins some incentive to do a little more than just the bare minimum to keep the site functional.
    I think we've been through this already, but thanks for bringing it up - again. Mods will remain grumpy as long as people keep throwing rocks, calling us grumpy, and generally treating us like a bunch of monkeys. Especially since a lot happens behind the scenes that you don't see.

We don't need more part time jobs. We (the individuals) also generally don't need money; we're already doing this because we believe in it. So throwing token amounts at us and then expecting us to perform to please you isn't realistic.

We already have a way for people to chip in - donate to VCFed.org to recognize the value you already are getting from this forum.

Have real suggestions for improvements? Please email a member of the board. (http://vcfed.org/wp/about/governance/). No more discussions here please; it just never ends.

Closed Thread