Image Map Image Map

Thread: Look What I Just Found - My Old Stuff

Default Look What I Just Found - My Old Stuff

I've been looking for an anti-static mat that I have put away in a safe place and haven't manage to find it yet, but I have just found these whilst looking for it:

My first ever computer:

DSCF4408.jpg

My first ever 'console' (with Black/White and Colour modes!):

DSCF4410.jpg

And this:

DSCF4414.jpg

I had some great times with all of the above!

Maan, I love it when that happens. I went digging under my parents house a few years ago sussing out a problem with their phone lines and found a cache of PC's that I tucked away down there in 2002-ish before I moved out. All but the grey faced 486 still worked, all have had their plastics bleached and cases resprayed and now look a million (well, maybe 500) bucks. Two of these were my first-ever-of-that-class PC's, the Sperry XT and the Osbourne 386 (bottom middle and the one to its right, respectively).

There was no phone line repair that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [Sorry, this signature is not available in your country/region]

Quote Originally Posted by ATSystems View Post
    I went digging under my parents house a few years ago sussing out a problem with their phone lines and found a cache of PC's that I tucked away down there
    Sadly I never had the foresight to keep hold of all my old computers

And I never had the foresight to keep the boxes and boxes of "obsolete" ISA, 8088 mainboards, ST-506 and Winchester drives and god knows what else that went to the curbside when I moved out. I think I even had some Data General and Wang gear that went because I had no concept of what I had. It physically hurts to think about.

Whats the deal with the score sliders on the middle game console though? Did that set the winning score value or something? I vaguely recognise that thing, I wonder if someone I knew had one back in the day.
    [Sorry, this signature is not available in your country/region]

Quote Originally Posted by ATSystems View Post
    Whats the deal with the score sliders on the middle game console though?
    The 'console' is a Magnavox Pong game and the sliders are to keep score as in-game electronic scoring wasn't invented then!! My sister and I had hours and hours of fun with this on our B/W TV set that we had

Blog Entries

Nice, ORIC-1 was my first home computer too. I should do something with it soon.
    Torfinn

Quote Originally Posted by tingo View Post
    Nice, ORIC-1 was my first home computer too. I should do something with it soon.
    Zap! Explode!

I loved the built in sound-effects and the clicky noise the keys made through the TV speakers!
    My personal blog: www.retrocomputing.co.uk