Image Map Image Map

Thread: 5 Commodore 64 Computers

Default 5 Commodore 64 Computers

Seller Spinningwebz has 5 Commodore 64s up for a somewhat fair price. Usually the C64 goes for $75-125 untested. He has his listed for 49.99 each tested with a harness and lots of pictures inside and out of each unit. This is a steal for eBay.

Still high for anyone with a memory of how things used to be, but I grabbed one anyway.

Blog Entries

As by how things used to be you mean free on freecycle or $5 at a garage sale?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

I'm surprised a C64 is even worth $40. There were tons made. I picked up a whole basement full of them including a silver label machine, disk drives, software and such for $80.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Yes, exactly. This is hobby I should have started 15 years ago instead if 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    And sometimes you'd get the thing home and discover that it didn't even work. At $49.99 I would absolutely expect these to be tested and confirmed working.

Blog Entries

All the ones I snagged worked fine. Ages ago I traded a C64c + 1541 (a little yellowed) for an original XBOX. The C128 + 2 1571s I got for free made my day back then. None of the C64s I have (a few C64 and a C64c) are setup since I have the C128 setup but I think they still work. A dozen years ago people would post Commodore computers and monitor on freecycle and you would hope so bad it was an Amiga but ended up snagging another free C64 with printers, disk drives, dust covers, manuals, 1802 monitor, joysticks, a few carts, and tons of disks. 1581 drives were rare even then and I was too cheap to buy one.

15 years ago was way before the scrappers were into ewaste so literally nobody wanted this stuff since collecting was looked at kind of weird and ebay was only a few years old and basically a flea market. Amigas were being dumped back then as well CHEAP. If I new all this stuff would actually be worth something today I would have snagged a C65 and other rarities.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems