Image Map Image Map

Thread: How to Dump Intel D3624 PROMs

Blog Entries

Default How to Dump Intel D3624 PROMs

I'm wondering how I'd go about dumping 3 of these. They contain the monitor (called Supervisor) for a Radio Electronics 2650 SBC kit that I bought. I haven't seen a program listing or dump online, so I'm concerned these may be the only copies available. Figure I should dump them for posterity. I don't intend to build the kit right now as as it's fairly pristine.

Blog Entries

Do you have a board/programmer that can read 2708/2716 EPROMs? If so, a little pin bending (the Intel part is single Vcc) and jumpering (multiple chip selects) should get you there.

Chuck just beat me to it!

You have a 2716 EPROM programmer on the way. Just make up a little adapter board (pins 18 through 22 need modifying slightly).

You can read it as a 2716 and just use the lower 512 bytes of the image.

Happy New Year!

Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post
    Chuck just beat me to it!

You have a 2716 EPROM programmer on the way. Just make up a little adapter board (pins 18 through 22 need modifying slightly).

You can read it as a 2716 and just use the lower 512 bytes of the image.

Happy New Year!

Dave
    I might need help with the modification bit.. heh!

I just got the programmer in today and am experimenting with reading various EPROMs I've been curious about. That was really, really fast shipping!

I like to stack three layers of machine pin sockets. I can remove the inner layers pins for locations that I don't desire to cross connect ( I always remove VPP. One should note that many programmers for newer parts leave VPP on all the time and should be disconnected when dumping something you care about ). I can always find way to ground or pullup and extra leads other than a CE* pin. Even in cases that the one I'm reading from is larger that the size I'm reading with. A dip switch can handle a few extra address lines.
    Dwight

Matthew D'Asaro has a nice "Universal Adapter" that makes this fairly easy.

http://www.dasarodesigns.com/product...ersal-adapter/
    EPROM-Programmer-Universal-Adapter-Top-150x150.jpg