Image Map Image Map

Thread: Another weird Z80 Hombrew w/VID-1 board

Blog Entries

Default Another weird Z80 Hombrew w/VID-1 board

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-198...g/283327747744

Someone was helping keep Netronics profitable. I have one of these computers, this is the third one I've seen come up for sale. They all have the same case, all use VID1 terminal and keyboard and all have a wirewrap Z80 in them. Curious if this was a company's doing. Netronics must have been happy...

Yours is working ? What does it do on the video board ? Does it have basic on a serial terminal ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marian View Post
    Yours is working ? What does it do on the video board ? Does it have basic on a serial terminal ?
    The Z80 computer is serial based. The VID1 is a general purpose serial video terminal. Mine does have Microsoft BASIC in ROM. It also has Christmas music in ROM for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    The Z80 computer is serial based. The VID1 is a general purpose serial video terminal. Mine does have Microsoft BASIC in ROM. It also has Christmas music in ROM for some unknown reason.
    Sounds nice. So the VID1 is used as a serial video terminal and the keyboard i assume gets connect to it ? Does it output composite video to connect any TV to it or other signal ?