Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minibikes, anyone?

Blog Entries

Nice minibike. It looks like the ones that were popular in the late 60s. I once had a Honda ATC70 offroad trike that I picked up at a drive-by garage sale. Only rode it a couple of times, but sold it some years ago - not amphibious enough for my taste. My 1971 Banana Splits Amphicat 6x6 AATV is waaaaay more fun but even that hardly gets out these days. Here's me driving (and swimming) it around in 2007: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5iT6CjQgaI

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    ... a 1970's Sears Roper...

Attachment 50483
    I had a similar looking minibike in 1971 called "Cat 400" or some such but it didn't have the gas tank. The rear sprocket (which doubled as the disk brake) was almost as large as the rear tire so the chain would break frequently from hitting rocks, and I learned to bash the links back together while saving up for a new larger rear tire. The handlebars broke off once when I hit a bump, throwing me over the front. The clutch outer would constantly rattle from wear. So glad to trade up to a proper dirt bike.

mini_bike.jpg

I own a bunch of old Mopeds, I've got Puch Maxi's, a Vespa Brvo, a couple Vespa Grande's too.

Last year I rode around Lake Erie as part of a charity fundraising event on a 150cc Kymco mini-motorcycle, it was about 670 miles the way my friend I went but roughly this route:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Clar...07%211m0%213e0

Those Cats are cool but pretty small. I've got a similar sized Manco frame I'm working on fitting a 2 stroke in but I have to fit some different handlebars to clear my knees. I also just picked up a parts bike yesterday to hopefully get my '83 Honda z50r back up and going. Dirt bikes are definitely better in pretty much every way but I like the minis for simplicity, and I don't think there's any way to have as much fun at 20 mph

The only real bike is a monkey with nice power and takegava parts.

I own 2 monkeys with now 125ccm , a Honda dax and a monkey clone from jingchen.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzeflink View Post
    The only real bike is a monkey with nice power and takegava parts.

I own 2 monkeys with now 125ccm , a Honda dax and a monkey clone from jingchen.
    I'd love to get a ct70 but my z50r will do for now. I bought a parts bike for it and just threw one the new forks, handlebars, and wheels. I think the parts bike had ct70 forks and wheels, and they look so good on my z50!
    20190110_143423.jpg

Nice Z50r. As I'm from germany I got a lot of parts from the Netherlands - https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-mini-bikes_model7149/.

My 1st bike was a gorilla but now I have an aluminum tank and a a z50j seat. The picture added are older ones with the gorilla tank, sadly the tank got some crack below the bracket. Now I like the aluminum tank with 7liter but it has no painting. From the other bikes I will make some pictures in the summer - I seldom made pictures from my bikes as mostly I drive with them.

hc_4077.jpg hc_4078.jpg

Ah man, this makes me want my Vespa back again I sold it a couple of years ago, thinking I was too old for a bike... now I believe I could handle it again :P

Just putting the finishing touches on my Manco Streaker now. I may pull it apart and paint it eventually but it'll do for now. I like that it's not very nice so I can just abuse it and not care. The oil bath air cleaner might have to go though

Message_1548013376270.jpg