Image Map Image Map

Thread: Getting rid of a pile of PC to AT-era machines in NW Atlanta, GA

Default Getting rid of a pile of PC to AT-era machines in NW Atlanta, GA

Hey folks,

I have a pile of maybe 15-20ish machines from PC-class to AT-class (and a random PS/1) I'm looking to get rid of. Some are clones, though there is at least one real 5150 with some upgrades and an IBM AT in the pile, as well as an AT&T PC 6300 and a Tandy 1000. A few IBM XT machines. Most of the rest are various clones. The main thing is none of them are in great cosmetic condition - they aren't destroyed and I'd expect most would clean up decently but we're not talking pristine condition here. Missing random screws, slot covers, etc. I've pulled out a few to try them out and so far they've all still turned out, though there's a few frozen up hard drives that'll need some attention. I have a few random CRTs kicking around that I could offer up as well.

Of particular interest, I know the 5150 has a 10MB Plus Hard Card that has some stiction but I've still gotten to work with a little bit of convincing, and the AT&T PC 6300 has a hard drive and still boots and works fine - I have the proprietary monitor and keyboard for it and the keyboard needs a bit of cleaning on the contacts but it works.

I'd very greatly prefer someone interested in taking them all, but I realize it's a big load so I'm open to suggestions. I'm not really interested in shipping these monsters either (tried that before and it doesn't go well...) so I'd prefer someone local. I work in midtown so I have some ability to help with delivery.

As for price, I mostly just want these things gone. I'm pretty fully into the "make me an offer, please" phase of ownership. I know there's only three or four things that are likely worth much at all, and I'm really hoping to gain the space back more than anything. Take more/all of them and show up to my house and I'd be more willing to make a sweet deal. Otherwise I might ask for a little more. As for trades, I'm trying to free up space here but there's a couple small things I've always been interested in - in particular an Atari Portfolio. My main collection focus is 8 and 16-bit game consoles and game carts so I'd be very open to something interesting in that regard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoth42 View Post
    Hey folks,

I have a pile of maybe 15-20ish machines from PC-class to AT-class (and a random PS/1) I'm looking to get rid of. Some are clones, though there is at least one real 5150 with some upgrades and an IBM AT in the pile, as well as an AT&T PC 6300 and a Tandy 1000. A few IBM XT machines. Most of the rest are various clones. The main thing is none of them are in great cosmetic condition - they aren't destroyed and I'd expect most would clean up decently but we're not talking pristine condition here. Missing random screws, slot covers, etc. I've pulled out a few to try them out and so far they've all still turned out, though there's a few frozen up hard drives that'll need some attention. I have a few random CRTs kicking around that I could offer up as well.

Of particular interest, I know the 5150 has a 10MB Plus Hard Card that has some stiction but I've still gotten to work with a little bit of convincing, and the AT&T PC 6300 has a hard drive and still boots and works fine - I have the proprietary monitor and keyboard for it and the keyboard needs a bit of cleaning on the contacts but it works.

I'd very greatly prefer someone interested in taking them all, but I realize it's a big load so I'm open to suggestions. I'm not really interested in shipping these monsters either (tried that before and it doesn't go well...) so I'd prefer someone local. I work in midtown so I have some ability to help with delivery.

As for price, I mostly just want these things gone. I'm pretty fully into the "make me an offer, please" phase of ownership. I know there's only three or four things that are likely worth much at all, and I'm really hoping to gain the space back more than anything. Take more/all of them and show up to my house and I'd be more willing to make a sweet deal. Otherwise I might ask for a little more. As for trades, I'm trying to free up space here but there's a couple small things I've always been interested in - in particular an Atari Portfolio. My main collection focus is 8 and 16-bit game consoles and game carts so I'd be very open to something interesting in that regard too.
    Still got this stash? I'm interested in some stuff. Got photos? I live in Atlanta, so delivery would definitely not be a big concern.

I've got a pretty much complete NES system with power glove, zapper, and a bunch of games along with what appears to be an authentic NES two drawer storage system of some sort, like this one:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NE...-/283299542113
    But mine has a crack in the front sadly.
    Last edited by keenerb; January 8th, 2019 at 07:54 AM.