Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted: Compaq LTE Elite HDD Caddy (USA)

Default Wanted: Compaq LTE Elite HDD Caddy (USA)

Just got my hands on a Elite 4/75cx, And of course when the PO took out the HDD he kept the caddy......

Typical. That happens all the time.

Found one for a newer model that works perfectly fine, Even sees the 1.5 Gig hard drive and works fine. Now to sort out the floppy drive. Mods feel free to lock or delete. Thank you

Compaq LTE Elite and Compaq LTE 5000 series have the same drive caddy with the same little grey connector, as seen here. It annoyingly has a different model number printed on the top, but they're the same caddy.

Found one for a newer model that works perfectly fine, Even sees the 1.5 Gig hard drive and works fine.
    I've also had continued success replacing the hard drive with mode up to date solutions. My Elite has a CF card with 2.5" 44-pin IDE adapter. I can't find the one I bought on eBay as it's that long ago. But I do remember buying more than one as the first one didn't work. The 5000 series has a mSATA SSD drive with an mSATA to 2.5" IDE adapter. However, I tried a cheap one and it didn't work, then I tried this adapter, which was more expensive, but that worked a treat. But, interestingly, only worked with a 2GB mSATA SSD drive. So that indicates that the bios only allows drives up to 2GB.

I would be interested if anyone's managed to get a drive larger than 2GB working.

LTE & Deskpro Enthusiast

Current Models: Compaq LTE Lite 4/25, LTE Lite 4/33, LTE Elite 4/75, LTE 5000, Deskpro 386s

I've also had continued success replacing the hard drive with mode up to date solutions.
    I've got a PATA to SD card adapter coming tonight that I plan on throwing a 1gig card in for ease of use. I had to pull the hard drive out and toss it in a VAIO I have to get DOS installed on the mechanical drive. Worked fine after way too much work, of course caused by the failed floppy drive belt