Image Map Image Map

Thread: SGI Indigo2 and Octane for sale

Default SGI Indigo2 and Octane for sale

I have an Indigo 2 and an Octane, both of which appear to run fine, I am looking to sell. They are both in excellent shape physically and good shape aesthetically.

From what I have found online it appears to me that they would each be worth around $600 and perhaps a little more for the Octane as it is dual CPU with EMXI graphics. I also have all the original discs which came with the Indigo2 which might increase its value.

I have more info and more pictures I can provide but these are representative I believe.

I'm trying to avoid eBay if possible after being burned on another sale of electronic gear. Ideally a local pick up could be arranged but I am willing to ship anywhere depending on the particulars involved for some locations.

Indigo2.jpgIndigo2HINV.jpgOctane.jpgOctaneHINV.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bishop093 View Post
    I have an Indigo 2 and an Octane, both of which appear to run fine, I am looking to sell. They are both in excellent shape physically and good shape aesthetically.

From what I have found online it appears to me that they would each be worth around $600 and perhaps a little more for the Octane as it is dual CPU with EMXI graphics. I also have all the original discs which came with the Indigo2 which might increase its value.

I have more info and more pictures I can provide but these are representative I believe.

I'm trying to avoid eBay if possible after being burned on another sale of electronic gear. Ideally a local pick up could be arranged but I am willing to ship anywhere depending on the particulars involved for some locations.

Indigo2.jpgIndigo2HINV.jpgOctane.jpgOctaneHINV.jpg
    I've been asked for more info so here goes:
    These computers ran a 3D simulation used in training drilling equipment operators. Drilling control "chairs" utilizing attached monitors to display a drilling equipment SCADA interface and a mix of joysticks, buttons and selectors to control equipment, the operator in training learned using same controls they'd see offshore on a real rig. Machine movement was provided by the graphics output to 3 projectors, and simulated I/O reflecting the visual operation of various pieces of equipment was provided to the SCADA interface. Eventually, Windows NT machines and software became robust enough to serve the same function. Given the high price of SGI machines, and since very few IT people had any idea how to work with IRIX, when the training location where the SGI machines were used was closed and a new one built in a different location it was an NT based simulation - only the chairs and projectors were moved to the new room.

More Indigo pictures:
    Indigo2-2.jpgIndigo2-3.jpgIndigo2-5.jpg