Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted: ATI EGA Wonder

Red face Wanted: ATI EGA Wonder

I'm in Tucson AZ and I'm looking for an EGA Wonder card to put in my 5151.

Blog Entries

I'm confused, you want to put an EGA card into you green phosphor IBM MDA monitor? Or is it that you want to plug the MDA monitor into an EGA card? I can assure you neither of these things will work, and will damage something.

But maybe you meant you wanted an EGA card to go into your IBM 5150, and you already have an EGA monitor? If this is the case, it may not really be worth it. That machine is pretty slow, and getting to perform well with EGA graphics might be a stretch for it (though not as much as VGA would be). Personally I think CGA is the perfect graphics for an IBM 5150, 5160 or 5155.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    But maybe you meant you wanted an EGA card to go into your IBM 5150, and you already have an EGA monitor? If this is the case, it may not really be worth it. That machine is pretty slow, and getting to perform well with EGA graphics might be a stretch for it (though not as much as VGA would be). Personally I think CGA is the perfect graphics for an IBM 5150, 5160 or 5155.
    I use VGA exclusively in my 5160. CGA is such a poor display I would only use it in the event it was my only choice.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Shoot typo, my IBM 5155 Portable PC is where I want to install the EGA card.

I have read that the ATI EGA Wonder has a configuration to show EGA on the 5155's internal monitor.

I wish to play games that do not support CGA.

The Graphics Solution, Small Wonder, and EGA Wonder can emulate cga on a 5151, which is why I got my Graphics Solution