Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Identifying MCA Card

Question Help Identifying MCA Card

I recently got a IBM Micro Channel card with a PS/2 Model 80, but I’m having trouble identifying it. The seller stated it was a “89F8891 PSPI Card” but I cannot find any markings other than the aforementioned assembly number. When the computer boots without it, it doesn’t error; with it, it displays the picture below (I don’t have a battery, hence the 161 and 163 errors). Can anyone identify it?

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Sorry for the upside-down pictures. Regardless of orientation, the come up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RHopple View Post
    I recently got a IBM Micro Channel card with a PS/2 Model 80, but Iím having trouble identifying it. The seller stated it was a ď89F8891 PSPI CardĒ but I cannot find any markings other than the aforementioned assembly number. When the computer boots without it, it doesnít error; with it, it displays the picture below (I donít have a battery, hence the 161 and 163 errors). Can anyone identify it?

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Sorry for the upside-down pictures. Regardless of orientation, the come up like that.
    Is that a SCSI connector on the backplane? A photo of that would be helpful, and the chip labels are difficult to read.

There is a program called IDMCA.EXE floating around that will dump the board ID code and cross reference it to a known database.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Itís not a SCSI connector, but a DB40. Hereís some more pictures. image.jpgimage.jpg

78 pin. Maybe a multi-serial card?
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Blog Entries

Run off a list of the part numbers on the board with the 11A1111 naming scheme.
    I can see another part number on the ROM but the image is too low res to read it clearly.
    = Excellent space heater

PSPI is the support processor interface for a 9121 mainframe.

The only part number on the board, or marking for that matter, is 89F8891. The ROM number is 73F5746. Although I have no use for it, It would be interesting if it was a mainframe interface card.

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    There is a program called IDMCA.EXE floating around that will dump the board ID code and cross reference it to a known database.
    I can't find any reference of that program with a Google search. Any possibility you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
    I can't find any reference of that program with a Google search. Any possibility you have a link?
    https://www.tavi.co.uk/ps2pages/