Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hxc floppy emulator

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    missed that part! anyone have any photos on that board or info on the ROM?
    So I see the rom here:

http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/r...pro/index.html

The only thing I'm not sure on is if I can just replace my 81-149 with this rom or if it's only for specific models. Did some quick googling but nothing definitive yet.
    -- Brian

Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, Commodore SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Quote Originally Posted by ldkraemer View Post
    ngtwolf,
    Sure, the Kaypro will support up to 4 floppy drives, but you need an adapter board that plus into the floppy port on the
    Motherboard and also the Micro Cornucopia PRO8 ROM. I've got A: as a standard Boot Floppy Drive, and two Teac
    DS DD 48 TPI folppy's as B: & C:.

I'd have to look at the adapter board to see exactly what it does.

The GOTEKS need the Firmware Flashed, and any other Hardware MOD's (display installed versus the 3 Digit LED's
    and possibly a 20 Detent Rotary Encoder with Pushbutton select. It's all explained on the Wiki.)

Larry
    Okay, Maybe larry can clarify but I *think* the adapter board he's talking about is just the card edge to 3.5" floppy connector, and if thats the case, it's probably easiest to just add 34 pin connector to the existing cable rather than hunting down those overpriced and elusive card edge connectors.

Verault: You mentioned building the FreHD stuff... you actually building your own FreHDs? Did you get the boards made somewhere? I'm not sure I can justify buying a couple of these for (I'm sorry everyone) mostly useless computers but I can probably build them myself but know nothing about getting boards made.
    -- Brian

Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, Commodore SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA, Kaypro 2/84 (Not working )

Folks,
    The Adapter board I'm referencing is one produced by Micro Cornucopia. It has a 7445 that creates the Drive Select for floppy C: & D:. It plugs into
    the Floppy Cable connector on the Motherboard. And then, the existing floppy cable plugs into this decoder board. I searched and found an article
    about it in the April 1984 Micro Cornucopia Magazine pages 20-22. I wish I had a photo of my board, but I don't.

Their PRO8 Upgrade also included some special utilities to be able to format and access a variety of Floppy Drives on the Kaypro.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sikr99g4zw...20-22.pdf?dl=0

Larry

Well I guess that leaves my 3rd floppy option alot more work than I had anticipated. Considering the jumpers on all the floppy drives in my various kaypro computers I assumed a 4 port floppy cable and jumper setting was all I needed. I guess not. I guess Ill just keep to two floppy systems.