Image Map Image Map

Thread: Unknown memory expansion.

Default Unknown memory expansion.

Dear All,

I have been given the following ISA 16 bit memory card and I cannot find any info over internet (I have no way than making general search...).
    PIC_20190112_174832.jpg
    Does somebody know the card and, hopefully, give me info on how to configure it?

Thank you

Blog Entries

I'm not acquainted with your card, but the presence of a 2KB SRAM would seem to indicate that you have an EMS card, not an XMS one. That's just a guess, however. You may want to try one of the generic LIM drivers.

Blog Entries

Plug it in a system and see if any ROM produces a message. I suspect it is software configurable since there is only two jumpers on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    Plug it in a system and see if any ROM produces a message. I suspect it is software configurable since there is only two jumpers on the board.
    I think you are very right! It could also be autosensing... I am going to try but I have to unbox an old PC... ASAP!

[QUOTE=Chuck(G);553283... but the presence of a 2KB SRAM would seem to indicate that you have an EMS card, not an XMS one.[/QUOTE]
    It could be the cache for that card. But what I miss are the dip-switches telling the card what address range to use.
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see any (EP)ROM.

www.baltissen.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    It could be the cache for that card. But what I miss are the dip-switches telling the card what address range to use.
    It has a 3 jumpers in the middle of the card

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyCactus View Post
    It has a 3 jumpers in the middle of the card
    OK, missed them. That increases the chance that it is a memory expansion card.
    BTW, an EMS card needs at least the IOWR line for setting the page register. AFAIK a XMS card doesn't need any I/O. So just check if these lines are used or not.

www.baltissen.org