Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, now ebay has pissed me off

Blog Entries

Default OK, now ebay has pissed me off

While working on a Windows 98se system I needed to burn a bunch of CDs for drivers because 98se didn't have USB HD support built in. I had kept some CDRW around for that purpose (so I don't have to burn a bunch of CDR that end up being useless) but lost track of them.

So I found a 5 pack of CDRW on ebay and clicked to buy them and got to the payment screen which looks completely different, no choice for Paypal.

"This seller accepts payments through eBay’s new managed payments experience.
    PayPal is not yet available, but you can pay securely with a credit or debit card.
    Your payment information will never be shared with sellers."

I am not giving ebay my credit card info.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    While working on a Windows 98se system I needed to burn a bunch of CDs for drivers because 98se didn't have USB HD support built in. I had kept some CDRW around for that purpose (so I don't have to burn a bunch of CDR that end up being useless) but lost track of them.

So I found a 5 pack of CDRW on ebay and clicked to buy them and got to the payment screen which looks completely different, no choice for Paypal.

"This seller accepts payments through eBay’s new managed payments experience.
    PayPal is not yet available, but you can pay securely with a credit or debit card.
    Your payment information will never be shared with sellers."

I've had that happen, I emailed the seller and told him, sorry but you lost a paying customer since you aren't taking PayPal.

This is due to eBay's breakup with PayPal. It looks like they're trying to come up with their own in-house replacement for it:

eBay's official announcement:
    https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...s-on-ebay.html

Long thread of eBay users discussing what it actually means:
    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Paymen.../td-p/28833860

Blog Entries

I've successfully conducted online transactions with my Cc. I've sent people checks/Mo's since before the internet daze. Welcome to the real world. Pp has long been a thorn in the side of many sellers. If it's use disintegrated, I won't be put out. Fees, fees, fees, fees, fees, fees, fees, fees. Did I mention fees.

In fact if eBay disintegrated, I'd sing. Without spewing out too much hate for tech companies, so as not to create a hostile environment (?) for those that are employees of them, eBay sucks. You should see what happened to me in the past week, as a seller. EBay washed their hands of the matter.

So first they basically force us into paypal. And now that we have been using it for years they tell us its no accepted anymore on certain auctions.. Idiots!

Blog Entries

Technically we were never forced to use pp. In the earliest days I specified money bookers/skrull. But then I had to move stuff a lot faster, so I opened up auctions to pp.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Hehehehe... This is illogical.

Your Credit Card bank is probably safer and easier to deal with in the event of a problem than PayPal is.

If you say there was fraud or that you were not satisfied with your purchase you will receive a credit.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

I don't want ebay to have my credit card number.
    I keep a set amount in my paypal account. My credit card account holds much more value.
    I'm not happy about giving them my credit card.
    I see the sellers are not particularly happy either.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

I use a credit card with Paypal so it is just another layer of defense.

I trust Paypal to keep my cc info safer then the screwups at ebay would.

I already use paypal so I don't want or need another method of payment.

I expect that if I sell anything on ebay and it goes south Ebay will screw me if they are in charge of payments.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

Shrug. I've discovered that very often, Walmart online shopping beats eBay's prices on new items. It's still a third-party transaction, but there are vendors out there who don't want to deal with either Amazon or eBay. Walmart offers some of them an opportunity to get their items out in the public.