Image Map Image Map

Thread: Mitsubishi Apricot MS540 - Pentium 120

Default Mitsubishi Apricot MS540 - Pentium 120

Hello there,

I have a Mitsubishi Apricot MS540 Pentium 120MHz. It is in mint condition. In fact, it is still unused in box and has never been taken out of wrap. It is full in box with all the components, CDs, cables, manuals, etc.

I have no intention of selling this machine, but I appreciate if you set a price. I've heard that Apricot computers were very cool back in the days.

What's the price if you were to buy this machine today?

Here's some photos from the machine:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uelf0y704...OKyXhMqya?dl=0

Beautiful find man. Congrats to you. Especially since you got the whole package with software, etc. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I know some collectors who like early model Voodoo 3D gaming would pay handsomely for something so pristine. The fact it is a desktop form factor makes it even more desirable.
    Last edited by liqmat; January 28th, 2019 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks! Got this from an ebay auction surprisingly with me as the only bidder, so won it for 360 + 60 shipping. The graphics isn't as high, It's an ATI with 2mb ram upgradable to 4mb. The thing I like about it is the case design and the multimedia remote control. Still unsure whether to keep it intact or open it some day.

Blog Entries

The Mitsubishi era machines were really....not all that special. By that point a lot of the oddball designs and features had been weeded out and replaced with more generic hardware to compete with the rapidly narrowing PC clone market.
    Normally I would not say more than $50 if it was as-is, but because it and the monitor are in their original packaging with everything I would say that in working condition it would be around $200-$250CAD for someone who REALLY wanted a machine that gave them an out-of-box experience.
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by hamid6 View Post
    Thanks! Got this from an ebay auction surprisingly with me as the only bidder, so won it for 360 + 60 shipping. The graphics isn't as high, It's an ATI with 2mb ram upgradable to 4mb. The thing I like about it is the case design and the multimedia remote control. Still unsure whether to keep it intact or open it some day.
    Not to dampen your mood, but you definitely paid a premium for that. With that said, I have many guys I trade with who would have easily paid in the ballpark between $200-$250 because 1.) NIB 2.) the clean desktop case design (the drive bay door is a big draw) 3.) a minty fresh matching CRT. To be honest, though, I wont talk about certain items I was looking hard for and paid a premium because they just didn't come around very often. It always goes back to what it's worth to you. Either way, as long as you're happy.

I am not familiar with the system, but have you checked for a leaking battery? Even if it is a button cell I would remove it.
    Last edited by liqmat; January 31st, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liqmat View Post
    Not to dampen your mood, but you definitely paid a premium for that. With that said, I have many guys I trade with who would have easily paid in the ballpark between $200-$250 because 1.) NIB 2.) the clean desktop case design (the drive bay door is a big draw) 3.) a minty fresh matching CRT. To be honest, though, I wont talk about certain items I was looking hard for and paid a premium because they just didn't come around very often. It always goes back to what it's worth to you. Either way, as long as you're happy.

I am not familiar with the system, but have you checked for a leaking battery? Even if it is a button cell I would remove it.
    Thank you for your expert opinion. And yes, as you said I paid that price mainly because I was actively watching ebay and these never turned up for about a year, let alone being new. So I am quite happy with my purchase. I am not sure when I am going to unbox it, but hopefully the button cell is not a leaky one.

Quote Originally Posted by hamid6 View Post
    Thank you for your expert opinion. And yes, as you said I paid that price mainly because I was actively watching ebay and these never turned up for about a year, let alone being new. So I am quite happy with my purchase. I am not sure when I am going to unbox it, but hopefully the button cell is not a leaky one.
    "Expert opinion" is pushing it, LOL, but I do like to encourage and try to help. Have fun!