;SET TS0 FORMAT=TPC
    SET TS0 LOCKED

SET DZ ENABLE
    SET DZ LINES=8
    ;ATTACH -am DZ 11023

SET LPT ENABLE
    ATTACH LPT PRINTER.TXT

BOOT RQ0

Machine boots fine and I can do a DIR, DIR DU0: and get a directory fine.
    Doing a DIR DU1: results in an error.
    If I uncomment the RL02 drives I am able to do a directory on DL1: which is the same image attached to DU1.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The mapping for the RT11 Volumes for a MSCP device are stored in the device handler as partitions of a single disk drive. After booting do the following to show the mapping of unit to controller, unit and partition. It should look like the following:

.sh dev:du

Device Status CSR Vector(s)
    ------ ------ --- ---------
    DU Resident 172150 154

DU0: is set PORT = 0, UNIT = 0, PART = 0
    DU1: is set PORT = 0, UNIT = 1, PART = 0

To change the mapping….

.set du1 port=0,unit=1,part=0 ! for DISK1.DSK

Then reboot. Note that a RD54 sized disk could also support many RT11 sized partitions on a single disk.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks so much. That did the trick!

Brian.

One other quick question. If I want to enable RQB, do I have to do a sysgen? I remember that RT11 only supports one MSCP controller by default. And when it is enabled, what would the device names be called.

I don't have any experience with this one. I think the Port=x will address a different controller up to 4 (total) in the same handler. You can set the addresses with SET DU CSRx=nnnnnnn or SET DU VECx=nnn.

See http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/p...nual_Aug91.pdf (section 2-19) or
    http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/rt11/v5.1_Jul84/AA-M240B-TC_RT-11_System_Generation_Guide_Jul84.pdf

Every partition will be exactly 65536 blocks (32MB), except that the last partition on the drive will take up whatever space remains and will therefore be 65536 blocks or less in length.
    There’s no way to setup shorter partitions. For example, you cannot partition a 44MB drive into 4 x 11MB drives.
    When you do a low-level format of a physical drive, that formats the entire disk surface. So after you setup drive partitions, you will not need to do another low-level format. All you need to do is INIT the new partitions that you have not previously used, to write a directory structure to them.

https://www.besanttechnologies.com/t...ute-in-chennai

Quote Originally Posted by vimalasasi View Post
    Every partition will be exactly 65536 blocks (32MB), except that the last partition on the drive will take up whatever space remains and will therefore be 65536 blocks or less in length.
    There’s no way to setup shorter partitions. For example, you cannot partition a 44MB drive into 4 x 11MB drives.
    When you do a low-level format of a physical drive, that formats the entire disk surface. So after you setup drive partitions, you will not need to do another low-level format. All you need to do is INIT the new partitions that you have not previously used, to write a directory structure to them.

https://www.besanttechnologies.com/t...ute-in-chennai

Charlie Wilson released a set of handlers called DUCM (release 5d) in 1992 that allows you to create custom sized partitions. You have to compile the handler to enable the feature.

From the released notes -

(6) DUCM optionally allows splitting of discs into logical units of smaller
    size than 65535 blocks. (V5c)

Jerry