Image Map Image Map

Thread: Building a new Pentium 60 rig.

Talking Building a new Pentium 60 rig.

I've had a ZEOS Pentium 60 board lying around in my hoard for decades now, finally getting around to building a system with it, picked up a nice period-correct full tower AT case and started in on the build. I still need to get a power supply figured out (going with modern AT supply and going to fab a mount plate for the case).

So far I've got a CF>IDE adapter (2GB Sandisk card), Adaptec 2930 SCSI card, Sound Blaster Pro 2.0 (CT1600), SMC NE2000 NIC (with XTIDE BIOS ROM), and for now a cheap ISA VGA card for testing, I will get a proper era-correct PCI video card, probably a 14.4 or 28.8 modem, and maybe some other toys

IMG_1567.jpg
    My Vintage computer/blog site
    Searching for a keyboard for a WYSEpc WY-1100.

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Nice, looks good so far. Wile a tick new for the system I away like the s3 virge.
    I like the SB pro too, that's a rather nice card for dos gaming.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Yeah, I was kind of eyeing a Diamond Stealth with a S3 ViRGE chipset, it's certainly a contender.

I've also got this Diamond card with a Trident chipset, but sadly it's missing its BIOS (had an uncovered EPROM window and the chip got corrupted, reads back as just random garbage in my programmer). I would love to use this too, since I have it, but sadly I can't find the BIOS for it anywhere.
    IMG_0785.jpg
    My Vintage computer/blog site
    Searching for a keyboard for a WYSEpc WY-1100.

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Trident's are not the best cards, still it sucks that its not working.
    The ATI mach64 is another good card. But they can be kind of costly.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.