Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my Gotek in - questions about flashfloppy if you know about it...

Quote Originally Posted by alank2 View Post
    I'm a little familiar with STM32 having done some work on them with Atollic TrueStudio. I'm presuming that FF is written in C/C++, and I see it mention source, but the source is not in the download I pulled down.
    Most of the source for the flashfloppy stuff is on github but the USB code is from STM. The various parts of handling USB are a little complicated. Not saying it can't be done, just a little hard. Using a SD card makes more sense. One can transfer data faster and use simple Fat32 or such.
    The code does have a lack of comments. As near as I can tell, it uses the input to trigger a DMA that writes the SysTime to an array. It can then be post processes or just left as is. It gives you the timing of the bits. I didn't look to much at the code but it wouldn't take much to translate that to data. FM is quite simple. It is just clocks and data. MFM is a little more complicated. There are rules for handling long streams of single values, pre/de emphasis. and otherwise illegal sequences used to mark headers. You need to read and write a crc.
    Weeding though poorly commented code is what takes time.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

USB is messy, no matter what you're coding in, particularly if you're coding composite devices. The structs of structs approach can be very confusing.

It's not clear to me what library base the FF code is using. The OS is clearly Liinux.