Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IBM PC/XT/AT racketeer

Never let it be said that the UK won't fight back...found this gem on eBay today:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...:rk:2:razz:f:0

For the bargain price of 1495 (just shy of $2000 US) you could be the proud owner of an (admittedly quite good condition) 5170 case with a generic 286 motherboard fitted, VGA graphics card and a crappy early 90's rubber dome keyboard. A completely out of place LCD monitor is shown with the system, but just to add insult to injury this monitor isn't included (despite being pretty old and worthless itself so hard to see why the seller wouldn't just throw it in). It's also collection only...guess there was no margin left to cover postage costs

It's got four memory cards in it!
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

I see 5 memory cards; the leftmost one being a serial+parallel+memory multi card.

OK, so where's the video coming from?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

I think it's a lower-profile one in slot 8 (see VGA connector) that's not visible because it's obscured by the multi-I/O one in slot 7.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I think it's a lower-profile one in slot 8 (see VGA connector) that's not visible because it's obscured by the multi-I/O one in slot 7.
    I see the card layout thus:

1: hard/floppy controller
    2: blank
    3: memory
    4: memory
    5: memory
    6: memory
    7: memory+multi I/O
    8: VGA