Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel needs to fix their RMA site

Blog Entries

Default Intel needs to fix their RMA site

I've never seen such a frustrating mess.

If I google the site and then go in and put in my serial number for the umpteenth Intel SSD I'm returning, it finds it no problem. But if i log in with my account *first* and then go to RMA, no dice - it claims it cannot find the serial number at all.

I have five of these POS to return. The worst is that there's no 'link' between sections of the site. For example, if I enter in the (long) serial number of a given SSD and it checks out as being in warranty, when I go to fill out my details on what happened etc it makes me fill out the serial *again*. Why wouldn't you have functionality to carry that info over and spare the customer having to enter in a tiny, super long serial repeatedly?

Can't do multiples either. You can enter multiple serial numbers and check several drives at once, but when it comes to filling out the form you've gotta do them one by one and re enter each serial again.

I swear they do it on purpose. I expect this garbage from sketchies like ASRock.. not Intel.

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't they make it difficult to get your money back?

Intel's website went through a drastic redesign a few years ago. You used to be able to easily find everything on their site easily, not the case anymore.

They've adopted the stupid post modern look of Windows 10 where everything is needlessly huge with stupid high contrast UI elements, and the nonsense UI design where nothing flows anymore.

Apparently it's more important these days to confuse the user as much as possible, making them click around to as many places as possible before getting to the information they need.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    Intel's website went through a drastic redesign a few years ago
    You mean they blew it up!

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    Apparently it's more important these days to confuse the user as much as possible, making them click around to as many places as possible before getting to the information they need.
    And with every click new adds load...
    Makes you wonder if some sites do this deliberately.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Blog Entries

Are Intel SSDs really that bad? I've had good luck with SanDisk ones.

I thought the Intel SSDs used to be some of the best ones? I have one Intel and mostly Samsung, but haven't had one fail yet. Knock on wood...
    I have a Major in Post-Apocalyptic Economics.
    Wanted: Any PC-Compatible Reciprocation Dingle Arm

Blog Entries

We purchased about 20 Intel DC S3100 1TB drives a couple years ago. $500cdn each I think at the time. These are supposed to be server-class drives. But so far about half have failed in the field prematurely.

Intel's response is 'we don't have these anymore and don't repair them, let us send you a cheque'. Never a good sign. I happily took the cheque; to buy inexpensive WD drives that so far are massively outlasting their Intel 'server class' counterparts.

Blog Entries

I'm a platinum dealer with Intel, and to me it's been getting a lot worse. SSD failures are just the start.
    Severe shortages of all server class parts, and sub part support for the last 5 to 7 years (I've been a intel partner for over 20 years.)

Today, I was looking for the latest version of Raid web console for the rms25pb080. The download page latest version says that it's old and I should use the newer version that they provided a link for.
    Guess what, the link is dead, so I called into support, talked to someone and told them to email me the correct link.

I got a email a couple of hours later telling me that they had EOLed the RWC2, and to use RWC version 3.. Small problem. It's not supported on the series of controllers that I called in about. So they have product in the channel that they have end of lifed the management software. And removed the latest version from the web. WTF intel??? Yes it works on the controller, but if you have to call in for support, they won't give support for that config.

A couple of weeks ago they sent me a m.2 ssd as a replacement for a standard sata, telling me it's a functional equivalent... I had to ask them how the hell I was going to place it into the hot swap bay.
    (They sent the correct one the next day)

Grrrrrrr.. Ok rant over.

Blog Entries

Yeah Intel seems to be in shortage mode for lots of things. We ran out of their dual core pentiums that we use for very basic workstations and they told us we wouldn't have any in the Lower Mainland for 2 months. That leaves us with the core i3 which is almost twice the price (and overpriced if you ask me). Don't know what's going on with them.