Image Map Image Map

Thread: Who holds the copyrights of Pong?

Default Who holds the copyrights of Pong?

Hi there,

i'd like to create a new game which uses some of the game mechanics of pong. Like having a stick which is being used to reflect a ball and play against another player. Sure there will be some differences but still in its core it might resemble pong more then i'd love it would do.

Anyway, i wonder if i have to acquire a license to create such game without being afraid to get into any legal problems afterwards in case i'd like to sell it commercially. Also where/how i can acquire this license would be interessiere too.

I hoped due the fact Atari published pong i will find some answers here.

Thanks for any tipps

My best regards

HC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vishnu77 View Post
    Hi there,

i'd like to create a new game which uses some of the game mechanics of pong. Like having a stick which is being used to reflect a ball and play against another player. Sure there will be some differences but still in its core it might resemble pong more then i'd love it would do.

Anyway, i wonder if i have to acquire a license to create such game without being afraid to get into any legal problems afterwards in case i'd like to sell it commercially. Also where/how i can acquire this license would be interessiere too.

I hoped due the fact Atari published pong i will find some answers here.

Thanks for any tipps

My best regards

HC
    https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/qu...-or-trademarks
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting