Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rant forum deleted?

Blog Entries

Default Rant forum deleted?

I just noticed it isn't there anymore..

It is taking a time-out while we figure out what to do with it. There was another incident with a thread going off the rails.

Dang, it was just about time for the monthly 'complain about the 15 minute timeout' rant. Guess it'll have to wait.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Won't that just scatter Rants through the rest of the Forum?

Damn, I’ll definitely miss that section if it is removed, but I can certainly understand why if it is. Shame that people can’t keep their composure.

Quote Originally Posted by CP/M User View Post
    This is a vintage computing forum. We will moderate it as we have done for years and off-topic rants will be removed from the areas where they are posted.

The rants area has been a problem/distraction for a while now. Let it enjoy a time out for a bit and we will reassess things later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CP/M User View Post
    No, they'll all end up in the Off Topic forum. Then there will be a good excuse to finally delete that too. Then we'll have to all go somewhere else for comaraderie and kvetching.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    No, they'll all end up in the Off Topic forum. Then there will be a good excuse to finally delete that too. Then we'll have to all go somewhere else for comaraderie and kvetching.
    I think it is a little early to be alarmist about Off Topic being deleted, and you are implying that we are looking for a reason to delete it - that is not the case, and it has not crossed anybody's mind.

However, "Off Topic" will not be the new home for rants either. Ranting is done here for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    This is a vintage computing forum.
    True

We will moderate it as we have done for years and off-topic rants will be removed from the areas where they are posted.
    That would involve more work though, rather than keeping an eye on one section which has been around since the creation of this Forum, unless you believe the ranting has spilled over into other areas.

The rants area has been a problem/distraction for a while now. Let it enjoy a time out for a bit and we will reassess things later.
    I still think it would be a lot harder tracking down Rants over a number of sections (which many others have been created since 2003), than have them popped into a dedicated area, but you people probably know more than I.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Even as I type this thread has become a bit of a Rant and we're not in the Off-Topic Board, however people might start focusing on Ranting about all things Vintage, Gill Bates and Microsloth, Pascal Vs. C, CP/M Vs. DOS, Atari Vs. C64, etc.

Yeah I was really wondering what happened to my last rant thread since I opened it to talk about the postal service. I was wondering what could have transpired to have it deleted. I wish I got to read it at least. But judging by the last update to it, I assume it got political... And you know what they say about talking politics or theology....

... I just wanted to discuss the postal service

+ Reply to Thread