Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rant forum deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    One you start deleting posts the thread stops making sense.

That poster is one of the few people here I had on ignore.
    if hes gone for good, i owe the mods a 6-pack. i had to lookup how to block users thanks to that individual.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

2icebitn
    Guess I missed the drama. This guy's behavior was regularly quite trollish. I also made a point to simply not reply to any of his threads or posts, pretty much since he signed up. The thing about trolls is they feed off your response. It seemed obvious it would end like this, although would have expected sooner rather than later. Unfortunately all it takes is a few trolls to destroy an entire community, I've been there.

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on him, and it's not my concern anyway. However, I did see all the posts that day because I wasn't doing much of anything and while a lot of folks went totally off topic, I think his was the only one that personally attacked someone (well, I guess luckybob did insult him, but at least his post was mostly on topic and slightly entertaining).

Although, I kinda feel bad for the Junior Member who was trying to contact him about buying that Tandy 1000 Keyboard he has but can't PM him for some reason.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Syclops View Post
    Maybe someone should try starting a Thread called "Microsoft or Apple, which is Better" and see how long that takes to devolve into utter madness, lol.
    I doubt anyone even cares about Microsoft anymore. I mean, I use Microsoft products and I don't use Apple products, but do I care one way or the other, nope. It's always something. I remember the Atari ST vs Amiga, PC vs Mac, and now it's Android vs iOS. It's like the computer version of sports or politics, we all have to have "our team" and like to justify the products we use or why we use them but these days the lines are so blurred that it's hardly worth the debate.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

I don't like either at this day and age,.. hows that?

I think the line is pretty clear:

"I prefer this to that." is OK
    "I prefer this to that and here's why I prefer it." is OK
    "I prefer this to that and here is what I don't like about that." is OK
    "I prefer this to that and if you like that you're an idiot." is not OK

A good rant is a rare and beautiful thing; entirely appropriate and even necessary sometimes, but invective is not. Obviously some have missed the memo.

-CH-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    If you ask me however, the rants section here was not really needed. Wile is could be fun to read through peoples rants and to blow off steam.
    To me it just screams trouble, kind of a like a politics or furnace section.
    Then why has nobody got rid of the Humor Section?

It has nothing to do with Vintage Computing and could just as well be as equally offensive.

+ Reply to Thread