Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rant forum deleted?

Boring Company? I don't expect VCF will start defrauding the taxpayers!

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    So again it's not okay to have a civil discussion on something like restaurants, among us like-minded people.
    Are we talking about the Arbys thread? I loved the Arbys thread....

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    I did like the eBay thread... That eBay one could easily be done in the general off topic thread.
    Agreed, to be honest I never really noticed it was in the Rants section. We should bring that one back.
    Actually is it possible for the moderators to pull that whole thread and stick it in a different section,, it was pretty tame for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    Are we talking about the Arbys thread? I loved the Arbys thread....
    Anything off-topic really. Obviously some topics couldn't possibly end well, but in most cases good topics go bad not due to the topic.

Well in truth that thread must have escalated quickly. I remember it quite quickly turning to a discussion on landlines and Big Bell, then a negative clinton comment, then it was gone. I honestly didnt see what happened.

guests can post? I didn't realize that.

I'm fine with the rants being gone. I was fine with it staying too, but that's because I try not to take negative opinions on the internet seriously. The internet and a degree of anonymity make it easy to shed restraint in what you say, and hinder understanding between people. I think it's good for people to have an outlet for their rants, but perhaps the internet is not the best place for it.

Blog Entries

I did not even notice that subforum vanished.
    You lean something new every day. ;-0
    = Excellent space heater

I don't like to see any content inaccessible - including deletion. Would rather it still be visible but locked from new posts.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    I don't like to see any content inaccessible - including deletion. Would rather it still be visible but locked from new posts.
    I disagree in this particular case, but I respect your opinion quite a bit, so "Rants" is visible now - but locked. (The offending thread is not visible though.)

+ Reply to Thread