Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can WinXP be considered "vintage"?

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDisk View Post
    Personally, I don't consider it vintage, but I do consider it nostalgic.

I am 24, I was born in 1995. The first Windows OS I ever used was 9X (I don't know whether 95 or 98.) but, I know for sure the loading screen was 9x style, and the interface style was 9X, and this was just before or just after the turn of the millennium.
    You're never too young to appreciate old computers, my friend.
    Kyle on Tandy 2 scaled.jpg
    My mom estimates this picture was taken around '91 (that's me in the picture). I ditched the Packard Bell monitor years ago (b/w) for a Hewitt Rand EGA monitor, but I still have the Tandy, and keep it in good working order. I've been banging away on this keyboard since before I could speak coherently. I remember being particularly fond of DeskMate's music program.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

^ That photo looks amazingly retro, by the looks of it you are a just a few years younger than my older brother, he was born in '83.

Nice that you kept your childhood computer, my family didn't keep mine... It would be some penitum II or III (or maybe celeron?) based beige tower, but would still be cool to still have it, lol.

my dad said first computer he ever bought was a Tandy, back in the early 90;s, too bad he said he threw it out. Damn.
    My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDisk View Post
    ^ That photo looks amazingly retro, by the looks of it you are a just a few years younger than my older brother, he was born in '83.

Nice that you kept your childhood computer, my family didn't keep mine... It would be some penitum II or III (or maybe celeron?) based beige tower, but would still be cool to still have it, lol.

my dad said first computer he ever bought was a Tandy, back in the early 90;s, too bad he said he threw it out. Damn.
    Ya. basically, the computer passed to me when my dad upgraded to a 486 laptop, and my mom got a 386 tower. And I've held onto it ever since.

IMG_20181029_082719697.jpg
    Too much sentimental value to ever want to get rid of it. I've since tracked down a matching Tandy monitor and printer for it.

I've actually got a lot more games for it now than when I was a kid. Abandonware sites are awesome!
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.