Image Map Image Map

Thread: Intel Lan Adapter Not Working in Zenith Z-158 XT

Default Intel Lan Adapter Not Working in Zenith Z-158 XT

I have two Intel Etherexpress II 8/16 lan adapters model 360451. Both are known good.

The first one works fine in all respects on my genuine IBM-PC (V20 chip, latest BIOS).

Puzzle:

The second one does not work in my Zenith Z-158 PC-XT (V20 also, BIOS date of 1984).

I’ve tried every I/O address and interrupt combination the setup program will allow.
    Softset recognizes card and seems to read config info OK.

I’m testing using the Netware client stuff and the Intel packet driver.

The board config is not being read when I load EXP16ODI.COM, all I get is “board not found”.

The packet driver test doesn’t give any errors loading, but all I get from the MTCP ping utility is “timeout waiting for ARP response”.

Pulling my hair out on this one. I could just get a 3C503 card, but they’re scarce. And I don’t have a 286 machine to run config programs on other available cards.

Any ideas?

Fixed it.

Found an older EXP16ODI.COM. This works fine.

Also the stock packet driver EXP16.COM works fine. I had a goofed up mtcp config.

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Fixed it.

Found an older EXP16ODI.COM. This works fine.

Also the stock packet driver EXP16.COM works fine. I had a goofed up mtcp config.
    Just curious - what was the goofup? (If the documentation was bad I want to fix it.)