Image Map Image Map

Thread: Help identifying keytronic keyboard 1978

Default Help identifying keytronic keyboard 1978

Anyone know what type of system this could belong to?

I aquired it with two Shugart 8" floppy drives, a Lear Siegler ADM-3A and a box of around 260 2716 eproms burned with what I think is dumb terminal firmware from Harris computer corp.

04C61084-79AD-46F7-A656-71D349CCEBBC.jpg046E5ADB-4A88-4976-8284-0068C1E08301.jpg956CA735-DC8F-477A-A9D5-7D245F5AB7A6.jpg

Blog Entries

Looks like it is for some form of typesetting machine based on the keys in the rightmost picture. Center and flush right would be for paragraph alignment; presumably the button above center would be flush left completing the usual set. Similarly, bold and normal indicate the weight of font. If it worked like other typesetting machines, the buttons on the other side should allow for the choice of typeface and removal of excess spacing but I can't read the keys.

Blog Entries

The phototypesetter keyboards that I've seen (e.g. Compugraphic, Linotype) have a lot more keys. I wonder if this is simply a keyboard to a dedicated word processor.

But you're right--a clear reading of the key legends might be a better indicator.

I found it. It's a Harris "1250 Microstor" copy processing system. So you are both correct.

I managed to find in some boxes, the user manuals and service manuals, and a few circuit boards (IO and CPU) for this old system.

I imagine it is completely worthless today, but the manuals are an interesting read and I will probably use the keyboards for 8 bit computer projects.

IMG_5432.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mykrowyre View Post
    I found it. It's a Harris "1250 Microstor" copy processing system. So you are both correct.

I managed to find in some boxes, the user manuals and service manuals, and a few circuit boards (IO and CPU) for this old system.

I imagine it is completely worthless today, but the manuals are an interesting read and I will probably use the keyboards for 8 bit computer projects.

IMG_5432.jpg
    I would be interested in scanning them if you aren't going to do anything with them.