Image Map Image Map

Thread: Newcomer to San Diego

Cool Newcomer to San Diego

Hello from San Diego!

As the title says, I just moved to "America's Finest City."

I'd love to know if there are any interesting events, stores, or just plain oddities related to vintage computing around here.

A little about me:
    My main hobby is collecting PS/2s and related IBM stuff from that period (I had to draw the line somewhere.), but I'm interested in pretty much anything electronic so it's always fun to meet people with other areas of interest.

Currently I'm assembling my childhood dream 486 PC, and I have three VLB motherboards all giving a lot of grief at the moment. The most interesting part is the custom enclosure I'm designing to show off all the components.
    Collecting PS/2s and boxed software from ca. 1987 to 1994

I grew up in San Diego, though I haven't lived there in two decades. I remember the Byte Buyer becoming ComputorEdge {sic}, the Commodore users group I used to attend, and there were some other groups around but I have no idea if they still meet. But I do still love my hometown.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicHasClass View Post
    I grew up in San Diego, though I haven't lived there in two decades. I remember the Byte Buyer becoming ComputorEdge {sic}, the Commodore users group I used to attend, and there were some other groups around but I have no idea if they still meet. But I do still love my hometown.
    Ah, ComputorEdge. They went online only in '07, and ceased publishing entirely in 2015, along with the independent computer stores pretty much disappearing here in town. THese days, their website seems to mainly be about AutoHotKey.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find anything about *any* retrocomputing or vintage computing groups here in town.