Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decent socket 370 motherboard in Baby AT form factor.

I've been looking at the same 'fastest baby-AT motherboard' issue (Dolch PAC 66/486). Baby-AT 370/slot 1 motherboards are very few and far between. Lots more selection in the SuperSocket 7, AMD-K6-III motherboards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    The 810/810E boards were were a mixed bag. If you've got ISA slots, I'd pick a 440BX chipset board over an 8xx board any day. Slot 1 boards are probably a bit more common in the semi-vintage market than Socket 370, but still can turn in very respectable performance.
    I could probably live without ISA, the 2 ISA cards used here are ethernet, which I could easy replace with PCI one or skip alltogether as it's not essential to operation.
    The second is IEEE 488 / GPIB , also could live without.

Blog Entries

I have some AT slot 1 motherboards if interested, what is your budget?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

Budgett? that would depend, but ballpark figure ~ $50 bucks, judging for what they're going on eBay.

Blog Entries

Guess ebay it is then.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

OK, bought PCParnter BSB871S from a guy in Ukraine, will see how it goes, $45 shipping included.
    But the frustration continues, looks like the windows 98 startup floppy doesn't include Format command ?
    Is that so? or I have some defective copy, downloaded from winworld site, I fdisked the CF drive that I put instead of a dead IBM travelstar that came with the unit, no issues here.
    But how the f..ck I'm supposed to format the damn thing?
    I's getting even better, just realized that I don't ave any IDE CD drives anymore, will have to source one, I remember well throwing something like 20 of them away some years ago,
    And here's some pics of whats its all about:

Quote Originally Posted by alpher View Post
    Sure, but first let have some fun
    Can anybody guess what it is?
    It runs windows 95 or 98 but it's not a computer at all, i'ts been proven to work with any reasonable motherboard as long as it fully supports windows 98.
    It has a really specialized hardware inside that the drivers only exist for windows 9x .
    And is still a very usefull piece of equipment with rather hi end specs.
    Can you guess?
    "It runs windows 95 or 98 but it's not a computer at all,"
    I thought OSCILLOSCOPE!
    Scrolled down...

I'd love to snag one like this at some point... But I need to avoid giving into impulse purchasing. My 20MHz analogue does most of what I need (the pots could use a cleaning though), and my HP 16500B takes oscilloscope cards, so I might want to just track down one of those for a good price.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

Blog Entries

Pick up a copy of a compatible FORMAT.COM from the FreeDOS site. It works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackepyon View Post
    "It runs windows 95 or 98 but it's not a computer at all,"
    I thought OSCILLOSCOPE!
    Scrolled down...

I'd love to snag one like this at some point... But I need to avoid giving into impulse purchasing. My 20MHz analogue does most of what I need (the pots could use a cleaning though), and my HP 16500B takes oscilloscope cards, so I might want to just track down one of those for a good price.
    Stay away while you still can, test equipment addiction is very real and costly!!!
    This would be my 7th scope, I really need to get rid of couple of them, but how?? I like them all

Quote Originally Posted by alpher View Post
    Stay away while you still can, test equipment addiction is very real and costly!!!
    This would be my 7th scope, I really need to get rid of couple of them, but how?? I like them all
    Yeah. Best thing to do is make a list of the stuff you ACTUALLY need and just keep an eye for when it's on for a good price.
    I actually picked up my HP 16500B at a local retro-computer meet. The guy had a second one and wanted to get rid of it, and I offered him $100, he said, "sold!" I was looking at cheap USB logic analyzers online, but this was the right thing at the right price and the right time, especially given what shipping would have cost if I got one of these on eBay
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.