Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commodore PET Mini

Default Commodore PET Mini

Hi!

I created a DIY project to build a fully working Commodore PET Mini, based on the 8032 model, which I think it's beautiful! I tried to model it as accurately as possible, it hinges upwards just like the real one! A Raspberry Pi, a 2,8inch. screen and some other electronic make it work just like the real thing. If you love the PET, own a 3D printer and wanting to take on a fun project with a cute result, check this out:

https://commodore-pet-mini.tin.cat

I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions for this project! Let me know!

Thank you!

This is wonderful! I was just thinking about doing this after recently seeing the Adafruit PET with small LED matrix. I'll definitely give it a try.

Heather

Thats pretty neat, too bad send away 3d printer services cost soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by SkydivinGirl View Post
    This is wonderful! I was just thinking about doing this after recently seeing the Adafruit PET with small LED matrix. I'll definitely give it a try.

Heather
    Thanks! Glad you liked it! The PET in Adafruit with the LED matrix is also really cute! This one is bigger, enough to fit a real screen and a RPi, so it's a full computer! (Actually, many thousands of times more powerful than the original PET haha)

Let me know if you give it a try! If you take some photos of it and you send them to me, I will put them on the "Builds" section of the site and assign your PET an official serial number!

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    Thats pretty neat, too bad send away 3d printer services cost soo much.
    They are indeed! I printed mine with a cheap Creality Ender 3, which is only around $200 and it's said to be one of the best 3D Printers of 2018 in its price range! This project has been the excuse for me to learn about 3D Printing and CAD design, and If you have some hacker spirit I would totally recommend you to get a 3D Printer and give it a try!

I am going to try this too. Thank you for the great instructions.

This sounds like a great project... I would have loved to see some pictures of your build, maybe a video of it in action. I can't seem to find any of that on your site.

Thanks for turning me on to those little audio amps, I'm buying some for a different project!

Thats fantastic! Let me know if you have some suggestions while building it!

Glad you like it Lotonah! Today I printed the labels for mine and it's just finished, so maybe tomorrow I'm going photo-shooting, fashion-style with the first Commodore PET Mini! Will share the photos on the site and also here. Thanks!

Some beauty shots of my personal print! This is a prototype version and many errors have been already solved on the official 3D models repository. Hope you like it!

Commodore PET Mini Shooting 1_1.jpg
    Commodore PET Mini Shooting 2.jpg
    Commodore PET Mini Shooting 3.jpg
    Commodore PET Mini Shooting 1.jpg

Also created this Commodore PET Retro video intro!