Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VAX 7000-640 CPU frequency

1. Default

BTW I have written a short article about VAX-11. It will be interesting to get comments on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Why ?, Its the box im logged onto as part of the user cluster (we still use DEC equipment in our live online database system, and thats the modern stuff, you should see our Honeywell DPS6 systems

I dont think the VAX chip has any ID byte in it to pull the data from

If I do the sho CPU command, I get

$ sho cpu /full

EC3B, a VAX 4000-705A
    Multiprocessing is DISABLED. Uniprocessing synchronization image loaded.

PRIMARY CPU = 00

CPU 00 is in RUN state
    Current Process: _TNA8425: PID = 2023C6C6
    Capabilities of this CPU:
    PRIMARY QUORUM RUN
    Processes which can only execute on this CPU:
    CONFIGURE PID = 20200107 Reason: PRIMARY Capability
    Dear Gary C
    could you grant me an access to this VAX 4000-705A for one time? Or could you just run a benchmark program on it for me? I have a project, so I want to get timings for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits of the number π. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vol.litwr View Post
    BTW I have written a short article about VAX-11. It will be interesting to get comments on it.

Dear Gary C
    could you grant me an access to this VAX 4000-705A for one time? Or could you just run a benchmark program on it for me? I have a project, so I want to get timings for 100, 1000, and 3000 digits of the number π. Thanks.
    Sorry, no chance.

Our armed police would probably shoot me if I breached security like that

3. Default

Sorry, no chance.

Our armed police would probably shoot me if I breached security like that
    It sounds rather strange. Why to have so much protection for a computer which performance is less than 1% of a modern cheap Intel Xeon based PC?! Anyway I attach my benchmark sources to this message and I will be happy to get results for 100, 1000, 3000 digits from any VAX. Thanks.pi-vax.zip

It sounds rather strange. Why to have so much protection for a computer which performance is less than 1% of a modern cheap Intel Xeon based PC?! Anyway I attach my benchmark sources to this message and I will be happy to get results for 100, 1000, 3000 digits from any VAX. Thanks.pi-vax.zip
    Sorry, I work in a secure facility and the network cannot be compromised in any way.

I will shortly have a MicroVAX 3100 and maybe after that a 4000-60 so might be able to do it at home, once I work out a terminal, and a place to put them, and get a replacement hard drive, and VMS.......

5. Default

Sorry, I work in a secure facility and the network cannot be compromised in any way.

I will shortly have a MicroVAX 3100 and maybe after that a 4000-60 so might be able to do it at home, once I work out a terminal, and a place to put them, and get a replacement hard drive, and VMS.......
    Thanks but it sound rather for long. I wish you to assemble all this thing sooner.

Blog Entries

I have a selection of Vaxstations and small chip based VAX but they are almost all based on various VAX chips, most KA series, but the VLC workstation is more of a SOC chip system. Trouble is I am in Spain for a two weeks but will give it a spin when I am back if you wish...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g4ugm View Post
    I have a selection of Vaxstations and small chip based VAX but they are almost all based on various VAX chips, most KA series, but the VLC workstation is more of a SOC chip system. Trouble is I am in Spain for a two weeks but will give it a spin when I am back if you wish...
    Buenos Dias! Have you seen rabbits there? I remember a lot of them around Madrid. Indeed, it will be good to get the benchmark result from you. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

In Torrox on the south coast and I haven't seen any rabbits in the wild. Plenty in the supermarket fridge.... also quite a few goats. I have put a not in my diary to check when I get back.
    Dave
    G4UGM

Blog Entries

Thanks but it sound rather for long. I wish you to assemble all this thing sooner.
    OK I have the code will give it a try soon...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Blog Entries

Well thats odd. It runs but should it print times as well?
    Dave
    G4UGM