Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What computer did this monitor go to?

Default What computer did this monitor go to?

Hi all. I thought I had been cured of this disease, but apparently not.

Snagged a pretty good deal on an AT Clone, this is my first time with IBM PCs, I was a Tandy guy before so forgive me if I make a mistake.

Anyway, it came with a pretty sweet Packard Bell Color monitor. However, I can't find a pic of one anywhere, so I am curious as to what it belonged to originally...

Here are the pics.

Thanks guys,
    Peter
    PC/AT Clone, Gateway Tower--My first computer, upgraded to new ATX gaming motherboard. Heathkit HERO Jr. Robot--Your friend, companion and security guard!

maybe the packard bell vx88? Although that had a mono monitor but its time correct

Cool. That would make sense.

Side topic. Will an XT Keyboard work on an AT?

Thanks.
    PC/AT Clone, Gateway Tower--My first computer, upgraded to new ATX gaming motherboard. Heathkit HERO Jr. Robot--Your friend, companion and security guard!

That monitor looks similar to my Tatung CM-1380F, probably just rebranded as a Packard Bell.

CM1435 might be the Tatung model number ?

IMG_20190214_172743252.jpg

IMG_20190328_165906041.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ardsleytank View Post
    Will an XT Keyboard work on an AT?
    Nope... not unless it's an AT/XT switchable.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Mikey99, wow. I looked at all of the stickers, and they pretty much match up except for the CM number. Which probably means that our monitors are slightly different models, considering the similar but different front bezel. Very interesting. Is your monitor pretty good? (Compared to say, a 5154?) I'm assuming the GNA switch allows it to emluate Green, Color and Amber monitors, is this correct?

Stone, darn. So no Model F for me I guess. That stinks. Oh well, Model M's are cheaper...

Thanks again guys
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ardsleytank View Post
    Stone, darn. So no Model F for me I guess. That stinks. Oh well, Model M's are cheaper...
    Don't give up... there are 84 key AT Model F keyboards.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Oh? Is there a good way to identify such a keyboard from other Model Fs?

Scratch that. Just found a website detailing such differences... so nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Don't give up... there are 84 key AT Model F keyboards.
    Have you seen what those go for!?