Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What computer did this monitor go to?

Quote Originally Posted by ardsleytank View Post
    Mikey99, wow. I looked at all of the stickers, and they pretty much match up except for the CM number. Which probably means that our monitors are slightly different models, considering the similar but different front bezel. Very interesting. Is your monitor pretty good? (Compared to say, a 5154?) I'm assuming the GNA switch allows it to emluate Green, Color and Amber monitors, is this correct?

Thanks again guys
    Peter

The CM-1380F monitor works okay with an IBM EGA card, however the image is not as sharp as an IBM 5154.

This monitor even has an internal cooling fan ! I opened this a few weeks ago and cleaned all the dust out.
    The fan blows air into the monitor, probably to cool the power supply.

That switch does allow toggling between color/green/amber

IMG_20190216_135429743.jpg
    IMG_20190216_135728158.jpg
    IMG_20190214_171233698.jpg
    Last edited by mikey99; March 28th, 2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Have you seen what those go for!?
    No, I haven't looked as I have absolutely no interest in one of those. I just know they exist.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No, I haven't looked as I have absolutely no interest in one of those. I just know they exist.
    A few years ago I looked on eBay to see if I could find one for my 5170. The cheapest I saw was $200. There are a couple on eBay right now; one for $250 and one for $350.

Way too rich for my blood.

I do have an 84-key AT keyboard for my Zenith 286. Those systems used to be dirt cheap.