Image Map Image Map

Thread: Nema 5-15 doesn't fit in my PC04

Default Nema 5-15 doesn't fit in my PC04

Does anyone know a replacement mains plug for a PC04?
    I have a few Nema 5-15 plugs, but the outside diameter is just to big to fit in the PC04.

Dec used some molded and tapered mains plug. Any good replacements for that?

Power plug.jpg

Thanks in advance! Roland
    WTB: Case for Altair 8800, Digital M8357 RX8E ...... Rolands Github projects

Roland,

Just shave away the part of the plug that interferes (assuming you are trying to fir a molded plug). That's what I have done. There will be plenty of insulation left.

Lou

Hi Lou,

I've bought these in the past. Old ones, new ones... Hoping they will fit.
    But none of them will fit into the reader.
    Nema 5-15.jpg

I want to replace the original one because the cable is damaged as you can see...
    bad cable.jpg

And a new DEC device is on it's way to me which doesn't even have the mains cord...

I was hoping that there were plugs which would just fit nicely into the device...

Regards, Roland

Roland,

Ok, now I understand. So far, you've tried buying only the replacement female end of the cable. You are trying to salvage the cord.

What I have done is take an extension cord, with a female end already molded onto the cord, cut the male end off, and replace the female end and the cord. Sometimes the molded female end is still a little too large, so I shave the corners until the interference is gone.

Lou

Blog Entries

I believe that a Q-Lok Pro 10120 will likely fit. A bit expensive, however.

https://www.stayonline.com/wiring-de...ctors-8437.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Lou - N2MIY View Post
    What I have done is take an extension cord, with a female end already molded onto the cord, cut the male end off, and replace the female end and the cord. Sometimes the molded female end is still a little too large, so I shave the corners until the interference is gone.
    Hi Lou, somehow I can't find these cables on Ebay for a decent price and normal shipping costs to the Netherlands.
    But if the molded versions will fit (with a little modification) then that is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I believe that a Q-Lok Pro 10120 will likely fit. A bit expensive, however.
    Hi Chuck, thanks! I will check it out.

Regards, Roland