Image Map Image Map
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: NuXT - MicroATX Turbo XT Motherboard - 9.55MHz, UMBs, XT-CF, SVGA, HD Floppy, Serial

Blog Entries

The corporate garbage lingo makes thing so impersonal some how. A stake holder is some one at a bbq.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Quote Originally Posted by Caluser2000 View Post
    The corporate garbage lingo makes thing so impersonal some how. A stake holder is some one at a bbq.
    xD, I get it.

Does this motherboard support using the modern XT-IDE board?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwillard View Post
    Does this motherboard support using the modern XT-IDE board?
    Yes.

It is recommended to either disable the onbaord XT-IDE BIOS and use a custom configured XT-IDE BIOS on the XT-IDE card, configured for two controllers (one onboard XT-CF, and the XT-IDE card's XT-IDE interface).
    The other option is to disable the XT-IDE card's BIOS, and re-flash the NuXT's ROM to include XT-IDE BIOS configured for two controllers as above. This will free up some upper memory to use as UMB RAM.

Sold both!

Quote Originally Posted by spark2k06 View Post
    I'm sorry, does PECAK mean broken? Okay, I go into detail, one of them sure, yes ... the RS232 transceiver was upside down, the board booted but obviously the serial port did not work. When desoldering it I had the bad fortune to cut at least two tracks in the process:

Consequence, it doesn't boot anymore. Two of the tracks (IO CHK and IOCHRDY) go directly to the Trident IC and nowhere else except the buses that are directly connected to the Faraday, the other is AEN, a more important signal than apart from the Trident It goes to other components ... taking advantage of the fact that these are Through Hole I make a bridge to correct it even if it is only this signal:

But the board still does not boot. One thing is clear, the SVGA and other expensive components such as the Faraday and other ICs in sockets work perfectly but it requires a more in-depth review. The price for this board is 125

In the another board, everything seems to be well placed on this occasion but does not boot. I check all the ICs in socket on another PCB that does work and all are fine, the only thing I would have to check is the SVGA, it is the only one that I suspect but it is that not even deactivating it starts the PC so my main suspicion is some internal bridge or something more complex, but related to the SVGA. The price for this board is 100, due mainly to SVGA, which possibly needs to be desoldered and again I don't have the right experience nor tools.