Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple II A2S1-2190 on Ebay

Blog Entries

Default Apple II A2S1-2190 on Ebay

Kind of a mixed bag:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-II-A2...7592%7Ciid%3A1

The Seller had Make Offer enabled. This one is a tough one - it has a very low SN and the early Rev 0 keyboard, but a II+ lid, RFI motherboard and gold PSU. The only machine like it I have in my database is a SN 1700s machine. It didn't reach its reserve but did get to $625. Before I'd consulted on my database I put in an offer for a couple hundred, not spotting that the machine had the early Rev 0 keyboard still. He got a few offers and offered to sell to me if I could get to somewhere between $300-450. I was tempted, but in the end I felt he'd be better served to let it go to auction, so I put in a normal bid.

I honestly didn't know what the thing was worth. And the problem for me is, I want an actual Rev 0 machine.. and the odds of coming up with correct parts for this one are somewhere between zero and nil. But I still think it'll go for more than what he offered to me for, and I told him that. If it doesn't, well, then maybe I'll still get it.

Blog Entries

Wow! $1136 for a keyboard and case pan. Insane. I could have had it for $450 but I thought, you're never going to make that whole again so why bother? Sheesh. Hope it wasn't one of the keyboard freaks that took it.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Wow! $1136 for a keyboard and case pan. Insane. I could have had it for $450 but I thought, you're never going to make that whole again so why bother? Sheesh. Hope it wasn't one of the keyboard freaks that took it.
    Zonks!
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161 * ThinkPad 770ED
    Modern Equipment: MacBook Pro 13 * Alienware M15R3

Luckily the keyboards aren't that good.

I could use that plus lid though... Haha.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Thats crazy expensive for a mismatched system and incomplete keyboard. So I am a little unclear about the original 1977 a2s1 models. I thought they all had teal colored expansion slots. That motherboard looks like a II plus board to me. Anyone have more info on the differences?

Blog Entries

The only original parts on that machine were the pan with the serial tag and the keyboard, possibly the outer case. Everything else was a replacement.. it had I think an RFI board in there, wrong psu, etc. But, the keyboard was the very earliest model... looks very much like the Datanetics some used with the Apple 1. That was probably worth some cash although I don't know how many of that model of keyboard were made with Rev 0 production.

And it sold for that much? Original KB rev 0 so what?! thats alot of money for a broke incomplete keyboard and husk (sans cover)

Blog Entries

Four possibilities:

1) More money than God and doesn't care
    2) Has a Rev 0 board loose and this is the only chance he has to put it in a Rev 0 enclosure
    3) Is a keyboard nut who will rip the keyboard out and proudly disassemble and display it on deskthority
    4) Is an Apple-1 replica guy who had to have the closest thing to the Datanetics keyboard he could find

The mother board clearly says 1979. Obviously, not all that early. At $450 you'd have been had.
    In any case, it is not sold until someone actually pays for it and decides to keep it. When they find that it is just the case and keyboard they might even get their money back.
    Dwight

I hope apple prices do keep going up. Can sell off alot of hardware and make a dent in my mortgage. I know it will crest and fall eventually, but ill enjoy riding the wave as long as I have items to sell.