Image Map Image Map

Thread: why is it the only seller on ebay that has what you need has a bad reputation

Blog Entries

Angry why is it the only seller on ebay that has what you need has a bad reputation

Hi all,

Ok, this is sort of a rant.

I am trying to update my soldering tools to cope with doing the tiny surface mount components.

Over the years I have always bought TOP Brand tools, no matter what industry I worked in.

Yes on occasion if its a very one of job, and the price is not high I have bought cheap Asian tool, that generally suffices.

So with that preamble, I have an assortment of HAKKO soldering and desoldering tools, and they have done very well and consumables are of a reasonable cost.

One of the Hakko items I had got on the last trip to Singapore was a 950 SMD Hot Tweezers with their stock tips per following image, which while small, are still large compared to 0603 smd chips.

Silly me forgot to inquire about extra tips.

Recently I looked online and found this tweezer handset has a range of available tips,
    this fine 0.5mm one A1389 looks perfect

however, the tip prices are around Aus $170 for the set of 2.

So onto eBay and two sellers, one in Japan and two in the USA have them.

One USA sellers price is Aus$154 + Shipping at Aus$89 so tooooo dear, but they have 100% feedback
    Second USA sellers price is Aus$77 but quote shipping at Aus$122 UPS expediated only.

the Japanese seller price is Aus$78 + Aus$3 for postage BUT has shocking feedback 97% with most negatives in recent months. I sent them 2 ebay message over a week and NO reply, which is what others mention also.

So looks like I am left to buy from one of the USA sellers and pay the freight.

PLUS NOW eBay Australia add a 10% Goods and Service tax (GST) to ALL International purchases and passes this on to Australian Government. Use to be not charged for purchase below a certain threshold, I think was around $400.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by inotarobot; April 2nd, 2019 at 05:36 PM.

How can that be? I can send a two pound package to Oz for ~ $25.00.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Try this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakko-A1389...1&isGTR=1#shId

US seller. Better Price. There negative feedback seems to be slow shipping. But I noticed the shipping price to Aus is about the same price. I would think a problem with EBAY shipping calculations. My brother who sells a lot of war hammer figures runs into this all the time to Aus. Ebay says a small pkg 3 pounds is around $85.00. Actual calculation was $22.75. Looked at a few other small electronic parts and it shows the same around $75-85 to Aus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How can that be? I can send a two pound package to Oz for ~ $25.00.
    I will go and take screen shots in the next few hrs and post.

I think it mostly the usa sellers using Couriers with express shipment for International packages. verses usps cheap parcel service

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by car88fan2 View Post
    Try this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakko-A1389...1&isGTR=1#shId

US seller. Better Price. Their negative feedback seems to be slow shipping. But I noticed the shipping price to Aus is about the same price. I would think a problem with eBay shipping calculations. My brother who sells a lot of war hammer figures runs into this all the time to Aus. eBay says a small pkg 3 pounds is around $85.00. The actual calculation was $22.75. Looked at a few other small electronic parts and it shows the same around $75-85 to Aus.
    Yes, I think it's maybe the eBay Shipping Calculator. I have had lots of items sent in years gone by, that turns out way cheaper shipping than eBays quoted price.

However, it does initially put one off bidding or buying when you see such expensive costing. It's annoying in that one has to message the seller, and that means more work for them that's not fair, especially if the listed price is low. Also if you see an item at the last minutes or hour of an auction, it puts me off bidding!

Blog Entries

Well I have sent the Japanese seller a few messages, all in english.

Then I decided to use google translator to send a polite detailed message in Japanese.

Over a week now and still NO answer.

So do I go ahead and just buy one of the tips and hope it gets sent?

Also I wondered if it was worth posting the message here (in English as well) and ask you all for an opinion of my messaging style? Maybe its me, and my messages are either not clear enough or my message tone is inappropiate?

Just thinking maybe one of you could say "send to me in a PM and I look at it, and give you feedback". At least thats not hanging out any 'dirty laundry in public' so to say

I could you use some advice please.

Go ahead and send it to me. I'll take a look at it. No Problem