Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coin Miner malware back

Default Coin Miner malware back

Looks like the coinminer malware is back, from allfontshere.press Like we had in the past.

Then hopefully the coinminer blocking extension that I still have installed in the browser will do its thing.

yep! Thats how I find out. My "minerblock" extension went off everytime I came to vcfed

What does this mean to the uninitiated? I'm using a MacBook Pro with all the latest OS updates, as well as the latest version of Safari. What do I need to be paying attention to?

Thanks!

smp

I haven't noticed anything unusual whatsoever relating to the subject of this post. Not yesterday and not today.

FWIW, I'm not using any blockers or any anti-mining software whatsoever.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    What does this mean to the uninitiated? I'm using a MacBook Pro with all the latest OS updates, as well as the latest version of Safari. What do I need to be paying attention to?

Thanks!

smp
    The coin miner will increase CPU usage. The fans will turn on and one (or more cores) will be very heavily loaded. It is quite noticeable when it happens.

I should add, it does not appear on the full site but on the mobile site. something to do with the theme.

Sorry, but I never visit the mobile site.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

Confirmed, as soon as you change to the mobile theme, even from a regular desktop browser, MinerBlock picks up the miner.

Yes, as glitch said. minerblock says "allfontshere.press", I don't know if that's a site or whatever.

+ Reply to Thread